Sign in to follow this  
dima767

My first full motion NG sim session!

Bill,honestly, I forgot his name (a lot of things went through my mind that day) :-) The gentelmen's name who arranged it for me is Mike Calcagno.Dmitriy.

Guest neeraj.pendse

>I know that simulators have been somewhat of a "hotbutton">issue since 9/11. With all due respect, however, I would>suggest that the issue of strict background checks for>civilian sim rides like this one, is more of an emotion-based>overreaction than a serious security measure. As a commercial>product, there is nothing secret about the operational details>of an airliner. Moreover, training facilities such as the one>mentioned above, exist all over the world. I would consider>the security at airports to be a far more important concern.Agreed. Airport security (commercial and GA) is more important, and there is more work to do there. A full background check maybe an emotional overreaction, but I do think it's our social responsibility to do at least the basic things like checking ID. >Keep in mind that these training centers are private>facilities. They are not government institutions. Thus, I>suspect that any ID checks that do occur are at the discretion>of the owner of the facility. Perhaps I have missed>something, but I am not aware of any specific legal>requirements requireing ID chekcs for the use of professional>flight simulators. Have you heard about the "Alien Flight Training" Rule? It requires aliens (including Green Card holders) seeking flight instruction to register with the DoHS and submit to a background check. In addition, Flight Instructors who intend to give instruction to aliens also need to register, and keep id documentation of the student for five years. (I personally do not like the word "alien" but that's what the INS and DoHS call it.)Given the fact that full motion sims are treated by FAA and the airlines "almost like the real thing" to practice procedures and emergencies, I would say at least some level of checks should be implemented.I smell a lock coming on this thread ... I did not want to write so much, but I had to.

Guest Captain Vala

I had a long session in a 738 level-D simulator a few months ago, and I started writing a very detailed report for you guys, it went about 10 pages, but then i thought who cares to read this... Now I can still finish it if anybody wants to see it.Vala

I wouldn't mind having a read, it'll stir up some memories of my only level D expirence i had 5 years ago at the BA heathrow training center

Alaister Kay

Guest Knikolaes

Heck yeah I'd love to see that report -- even if it is 10 pages.Myself . . . it may not be the NG, but I am thinking of going to the weekend class sponsored by Continental in Houston . . . http://www.b737.com:-)<<<<>>>> To correct URL spelling -- I forgot the "b".

Guest yylie1

You lucky devil. I have only flown on A300B4-200 and B747-200 full motion simulator. So far I havent flown any digital systems equipped aircraft yet. The only digital on those sims that I have flown on is the TCAS just like the concorde.I hope the first one i get to try is the A330 or A380 in the full motion simulator. I would love the taste of that AUTO THROTTLE systme and FBW techology that the B747-400 or any other BOEING is lacking besides the B777. Yes the full motion simulator is nice with the hyd jacks that gives us the full sensation of flight but I guess we would have to be happy with what ever product PMDG gives us. In the real sim, you do not trim the aircraft with your key board of arm the A/T with ur mouse, etc. Regards,Melissa

Guest Soulman

Hey Dmitriy,It's funny that you managed to get ride in an Alteon training 737 sim recently too - I was in Brisbane on Tuesday with a friend who works for Virgin Blue to sit in on his sim ride.I logged on to the forums that night to post my experience and found your report - might wait a week or so now - don't want to steal your glory! :(Keep your eyes peeled for it. I have some low-res video if anyone would like to host it too.

Victor,I believe that after 9/11, United discontinued their "Pilot for a day" program.Dmitriy.

Jeremy,please post your report. I'm always interested in stories like that!Dmitriy.

Guest Captain Vala

Ok guys, then I'll continue on the report and will let you all know when its finished... actually AVSIM told me that they can make it a multi session official report !!!!Vala

Guest MidnightMike

Here is the website to my website that talks about the Full Flight Simulator ride program at Alteon Training:http://www.webradium.com/aviationtraininge...87901/index.htmIt should answer most questions.Dmitriy, glad that you had fun and it looks like somebody at the front desk dropped the ball and neglected to make a copy of your passport. At Alteon Training, we do check proper ID's for all pilots & sim riders.....Also, my email address is:mpenguin1@yahoo.comI would be more than happy to answer anybody's question.....

Guest MidnightMike

>You bet I will go there on my next trip. My question to you:>anyone can walk in there and pay and get full-motion NG Sim?>Did they check your ID?>>- NeerajAnybody with proper ID, need to call ahead & everything depends on the schedule....MikeMD11, 717, 737NG Full Flight Simulator Rideswww.alteonlongbeach.com

Guest Captain Vala

Hey everybody this guy Mike is a big looser!!! No I'm just kidding, he's a real cool buddy of mine that got me the sim ride I'm doing a report on. Have fun gong to the sims guys, and if anybody is going alone and wants a buddy, I'll go, as long as its in Long Beach Alteon.Vala