Sign in to follow this  
dima767

My first full motion NG sim session!

Vala,I'll deffinitely do another trip to Long Beach in the future ;-) I'll be looking forward to doing 777 this time around!' What is your email, just in case?Dmitriy.

Guest Knikolaes

I would love nothing more than to get my sweetie a taste of flying in one of those sims with me at the controls. **smiles**As soon as I get 45 bucks I am sending her on an introductory here in Pueblo.

Guest Captain Vala

Dmitriy. Unfortunately, I don't believe that they have any 777 simulators here... As far as I've seen (today actually!), they have 737NG, 732, MD-11 and 717 simulators and I think all are level D. I've been on the 737BBJ and I loved it... the best part is that I understand it all, and I like the layout much better than all others! I would also like to try out the 732 sim, but hey if you or anybody who was coming around here for a ride, just drop me a line on Falcon790@aol.com and we'll see if we can at least hang out even if you didnt do a ride on the sims.Vala

>And also it is very pitch-sensitive>and feels unstable. Is it like this on the real bird?>Also, during take off (no winds) it always had a tendency to>roll wings after the initial rotation so I had to do someI read extensive Jonathan's report from his United 737 simulator session last year (flown with Bill Grabowski) and he never mentioned anything of the sort - and he is not a real pilot. In contrast he reported how smooth and relatively easy the handling was. I guess it must be a matter of individual perception.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest Captain Vala

Glad you like it Clayton. I'm gonna make sure there are enough pictures in my report!! I love reports fulfilled with pictures.

I guess it was my "perception" comming from a PC-based one. Also a 20kts crosswind might have been a factor. Actually, when gaining an altitude and in trim, it was quite stable...Dmitriy

Guest Captain Vala

Actually to be honest, I didnt feel anything weird on the take off either...Vala

Guest Knikolaes

Hee hee.That photo is my desktop of the moment.Used the larger one ya gave me **smiles**

Guest MidnightMike

>Hey everybody this guy Mike is a big looser!!! No I'm just>kidding, he's a real cool buddy of mine that got me the sim>ride I'm doing a report on. >>Have fun gong to the sims guys, and if anybody is going alone>and wants a buddy, I'll go, as long as its in Long Beach>Alteon.>>ValaVal, I am going to kick your butt for that, ha!!! I am looking forward to reading the sim report that you are working on, also, here is some additional information on the Long Beach simulators.717 - Level D simulatorMD11 - Level D simulator737NG, 737-200, MD88 are all Level C simulators, the 737NG has day time visual scenes, whereas the MD88 & 737-200 only have nightime visual scenes.

Mike,pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference betweeen level-D and level-C?Dmitriy.

Guest MidnightMike

>Mike,>>pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference betweeen>level-D and level-C?>>Dmitriy.No worries:The highest two levels of instruction comprise full-motion simulators. Level C simulates dusk and night flight, while Level D can replicate daylight as well as twilight or night conditions, and is required to have a complete sound package simulating all types of aircraft noise. Now some level C simulators can replicate Day time conditions, but, have not been certified for day time training, so, they remain rated as a level C simulator.......MD11, 717, 737NG Full Flight Simulator Rideswww.alteonlongbeach.com