Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Screen Goes Black

Hi all,I create a flight in FS2004 and select the PMDG 737NG. I usually select the 737-700 2D flight. After it loads the created flight, the screen goes black and my computer locks up. I have to close it by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and click on End Task. I'm not sure if I need to reinstall FS2004 or just reinstall the PMDG programs. Have any of you had this problem and know what's causing it?Ken.

What happens if you load the flight with the default Cessna, and then switch to the 737?- John

Hi John, It doesn't happen whenever I load any other aircraft. It just does it when I load one of the PMDG aircrafts. The only three things I can think of is I need to, 1 reinstall FS2004, 2 reinstall the PMDG software, or 3 upgrade my video drivers to the latest version, which I have already done. I have the Nvidia GForce Ti 4200. I downloaded and installed the latest version but I still had the same problem. I went back to the older version because the video in the later version was more sluggish than the older version. I tried to send them an e-mail asking why it was more sluggish and one has to login at their web site or something like that, which I think is a bunch of bull. They do not explain how to get a login name or password. I can't get in touch with anyone about the lastest video drivers. Ken.

Hi Ken,Perhaps my question was unclear. I meant use the "create a flight" screen, load the flight with the Cessna, and have the Cessna sitting on the tarmac or runway (doesn't matter). Then, use your drop down aircraft menu and select the 737. Does the aircraft load properly at this point?Just trying to narrow down if it's a video driver issue, or corrupt install.- John