Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike9140

PMDG Panels Can they be used with other panel designs???

Guest Mike9140

Hello All,I have been using the 737-NG for some time now, and I was curious today if I could add the overhead panel to another 737NG panel I had which I use for a different plane. (Of course for personal use only!). Whenever I tried to add the window to the panel.cfg it would add, and try to load, but FS would crash. Can this be done or am I doing something wrong. Basically I just pasted the commands from the PMDG panel.cfg for the overhead panel, and pasted it into the other panel.cfg. (Changes made which were appropriate).I figured it was because the panel pieces were only made to work with the PMDG version and not with any other, but any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance,Michael Wierzba

Michael,I am not a programmer but I can assure you that is not going to work. PMDG's panels (and all other panels for that matter) are programmed as a whole, the systems from one part of the panel interacting with another part. So an overhead panel just can't work without the other parts of the panel.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Marc Harrington

That is correct - our airplanes are complete integrated simulations and not modular parts that can be used in different configurations.This will be the same for the 747-400.

Guest vgenecr

hello there,this is the first time i'm onine here. i have a slightly different problem. can PMDG panels be used with other aircraft. i used to copy and paste the files under the "panel" subdirectory into other aircrafts directories. this doenst seem to work with PMDG 737 panel. cant have o lift off. data in FMC dont seem to be realistic. V1, V2 speeds are far too high. stand at 380 knots.thanks for helping rob

Guest Robin.B

I don't think PMDG is designed to work with any other than a PMDG model. I do not understand why you would want to do that though, PMDG models are superb :)

Guest vgenecr

always flying a 737 isnt that much fun... bu you are right, there are great. wating for the new 747 !!!