Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

How To Configure USB Control to the PMDG Series

Folks,I would really appreciate some guidance here. I'd like to use either my CH Products USB Combat Stick or USB Yoke (the newer one) to control my PMDG 73NG aircraft.I'm not sure what the best settings within FS are, etc to provide the best overall feel/control. Any help is greatly appreciated!Busdriver(KPHL)

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Folks,>>I would really appreciate some guidance here. I'd like to use>either my CH Products USB Combat Stick or USB Yoke (the newer>one) to control my PMDG 73NG aircraft.>>I'm not sure what the best settings within FS are, etc to>provide the best overall feel/control. Any help is greatly>appreciated!>>Busdriver>(KPHL)I have the C&H yoke and pedals, they work great.I did in fact have problems with C&H's control application.Simply went to XP's Control Panel/Game Controllers and set them up from there. I'v had these units for over a year now, steady as a rock!One suggetion, go to an automotive parts store and pick up a can of "Silicon Spray Lube", I use "Prestone", T some point the yoke will get sticky. A modest application of lube will last a long time., in fact it's been a year since I sprayed the yoke shaft.Best

Guest pellelil

Until 2-3 weeks ago I was flying using CH Products FighterStick and Prothrottle (both USB), but since I (more or less) only fly the PMDG B737-700 (at least till the 744 arives ), the Yoke seemed to be a better solution, so this is what I am using today. The yoke has the big advantage that you can fly with either hands (eg. use the Yoke and Mouse at the same time), which was not possible with tbe FightStick (unless I was willing to use my left hand for the mouse).Also I really like the CH Control Manager. If you have a FighterStick or a ProThrottle you can have 3 separat modes to choose between (resulting in that each button/Axis can have 3 different functions. I do all my flying in mode 1, however I have set it up so that my throttle input is reduced by factor 6 (as I recall) when I am operating in mode 2. Hence while taxiing I change to Mode2 and now full throttle movement will only give (approx) 40% of thrust hence its a lot easier to adjust the throttle precisly when I taxi.Even Though I am using the Thorttle on the Yoke, I keep my Prothrottle connected, since it is enabling me to swich mode (as would the FighterStick, however the Yoke by it self is not able to swich mode). Also I use the various 4 way-switches on the ProThrottle for setting: Speed, Heading, Altitude, V/S, Course for the MCP. Now throw VoiceBuddy into the equation and you will hardly have any need for your Keyboard http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal