Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattiassjolund

I flew the 747...

Guest mattiassjolund

I, flew in from Sweden to IFC in Blackpool UK. Only for once in my life meet people like me... enjoying the flight sim world. Right at breakfast i logged in to PMDG site just to get an update and to my joy i saw that PMDG was attending IFC. Once there i ran around like crazy finding em, they where nowhere to be found but soon enough i got my eyes on Lefteris busy seting his system up in Aeosofts stand... Now what do you think my first Q was?... It was more along the way of a demand! PLEASE LET ME FLY THE DASH FOURHUNDRED!!! And i did, in and out of 9L at EGLL and it was beatiful! I asked him when i could get it.... when it was to be released. Do you wanna know what he told me...... He said soon! So hold on this is going to be the one jet...MattiasBAV 1188

Hello there,flew the 747 as well today.Great bird, can't wait any longer.Thanks to the PMDG team, they did a wonderful job. Worth waiting for. Even if it took another 6 months...!

No fair, I wanna play :-) keep us posted on any more news

Alaister Kay

Guest flight78

WOW you guys actully tested it????? thats AMAZING im so jealous :(.Keep us posted please !.Also any pictures from it??Best regards:Alexander

Guest Marc Harrington

Did anyone take pictures of the event?I haven't spoken to Lefteris yet, so I don't know if he took any.

We've got pictures (four to be precise) and I will try to get more (and more detailed ones). Will upload them tomorrow and post you a link.I actually flew a complete right hand circuit at Heathrow. It works pretty well, very intuitive, all my major issues (spoiler arming) have been resolved. Pretty impressed by the framerate and performance as well (was not running on what I would call a high end machine, still very smooth).

Guest neil_b

*jealous*

Hope to see some of you tommorow at the IFC (Sunday) i live 20 minutes away by train, looking forward to the A320 simulators and the Red Arrows display and of course seeing the PMDG 747.. :D

G-MIDY/Lawrence :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

PMDG should go on a traveling world tour! I want to fly it too but live across the pond :(

Hello,Yeah I flew the bird too. Just one word : AMAZING how they could simulate the accelleration of that heavy bird. And the take-off sounds, just like real. ;-)All the technical and systems things I could think off where there. PMDG did a wonderful job. One downside I don't think I will be able to use it in my B744 cockpit project, as the offsets will not be available for the interface cards :(B. rgdsMichel

Guest Callmecapt

>We've got pictures (four to be precise) and I will try to get>more (and more detailed ones). Will upload them tomorrow and>post you a link.>>I actually flew a complete right hand circuit at Heathrow. It>works pretty well, very intuitive, all my major issues>(spoiler arming) have been resolved. Pretty impressed by the>framerate and performance as well (was not running on what I>would call a high end machine, still very smooth).If you like, send me the photos and I can process them and make them look snazzy.Goran

Guest Ruahrc

"PLEASE LET ME FLY THE DASH FOURHUNDRED!!!"Who's making a Q400? Or am I missing something here... Don't tempt me so! ;)Ruahrc

Guest BMI701EGCC

I also tested the PMDG 747 at IFC yesterday and let me just say the wingflew is very smooth on landing, there was a gentleman in a blue shirt demonstrating the hydrolic systems, which he did very well....the guys at the Aerosoft stand wasnt saying anything, by the way the pc which had the PMDG displayed wasnt a mega fast system it only cost around 1000 euros, all i can remember it was a p4 3.2, 1gb ram,etc...cannot wait for the release ordering my new pc later :)cheersscott waterworth

Guest Knikolaes

>"PLEASE LET ME FLY THE DASH FOURHUNDRED!!!">>Who's making a Q400? Or am I missing something here... Don't>tempt me so! ;)>>RuahrcLOL Dash as in the "-" between 747 and 400 **chuckles** **smiles** I know I had to read that a few times befgore I got it.