Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Strange sound problem

I wonder if any other 737NG user has experienced this. Sometimes when I operate the gear, up or down, visually it performs ok and I get the relevant cockpit indication. But the sound keeps repeating, on one occasion 6 or 7 times. This only happens with the gear sound. It is not just a PMDG thing - I get it with my F100 & F70 which has its own separate sound files. However it never happens with any of the default a/craft. Any ideas as to the cause?Iain

>I wonder if any other 737NG user has experienced this.>Sometimes when I operate the gear, up or down, visually it>performs ok and I get the relevant cockpit indication. But the>sound keeps repeating, on one occasion 6 or 7 times. This only>happens with the gear sound. It is not just a PMDG thing - I>get it with my F100 & F70 which has its own separate sound>files. However it never happens with any of the default>a/craft. Any ideas as to the cause?>>IainHello! Is anybody there?Iain

Guest neeraj.pendse

Hm,I have never seen this problem. If no one replied, it probably also means that they have no clue as well.Here's a problem I have about my Level-D 767 sounds: When I am accelerating or deccelerating thru 130 kt, the sound for a moment becomes very very scratchy and noisy ... only stays for 2-3 seconds, but it is BAD! I guess the only way to solve this kind of problems would be to reinstall the product and update sound drivers for one. Have you tried that?- Neeraj

Neeraj,Thanks for your reply. Yes I have re-installed more than once, tried various sound drivers all with no affect. However, I have started to use the keyboard rather than the joystick button for the gear command and so far things seem better, although the joystick button works fine on all the default a/craft!Iain

What are your system specs, including soundcard?I'm leaning toward thinking you're having some odd behavior due to system resources - i'll be willing to bet that the reason it doesn't do it on default aircraft is that they are less taxing on a system than add-ons generally are, especially since a lot more sounds are usually employed in add-ons. When this occurs, what is your system performance like?FWIW - while i've never had this on Flight Sim, i did have the same thing happen in another simulation program on an older, less capable system. Tended to happen in areas where the system was "chugging" the hardest.

I think my system is man enough:-Gigabyte K8 Triton m/b with Athlon64 3000+1Gb PC3200 DDR RAMNvidia 6600GT with 128MBCreative Soundblaster Live 5.1Frame rate stays around 30fps, except at the very busy main terminals, with max scenery and autogen + 100% Ultimate Traffic, but never goes below 13 fps.While the sound is repeating the performance in all other respects is unaffected.Thanks for your reply Driver8 but I don't think it's the answer. :-) Iain Smith

Guest Gordius

I have had that on a few aircraft. Try muting sound (default Q) and then unmute, don't have to wait long you can do kind of like typing a double Q. Works for me and sound loss is about 1/2 a second.Andrew Brownhttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/