Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr.Sambo

Information about the new 747-400 software!

Guest Mr.Sambo

Hallo Captains, I'm Tommy, from Rome.I'm taking a look to the new 747-400 screenshots and I'm really impressed!I just would like to know if anyone knows if there will be the Virtual Cabin, too (like in the old 737 NG software)!Thanx a lot, and have a nice day!TOMMY

Guest Marc Harrington

A cabin for the upper deck is included in the model.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Just to let you know, I do not care about ANY cabin. But will the VOR receiver make morse code sounds when I select the NAV1 on Audio Panel? :-)- Neeraj

Guest Simmo

Will it be capable of doing full VNAV approaches as per the aircraft?

Guest aarskringspier

Will it wake up in the morning and cook me breakfast, take my kid to school, tell my wife how great she is, fetch the paper, feed the dog, shave me, wipe my rear endsky, change the oil in my truck, mow the lawn, solve the mid east problems, create a new energy source and make cotton candy?If it doesnt then Im really not interested. Im sick of sims with worthless stuff like "Ailerons" or "Auto Pilot" I want something that really stands out from the rest, not this garbage Ive been seeing.Geez.

I understand where this thread is heading but i had to ask is it possible to have wing views with the 747 without VC really curious thats all?

Im with you Randy! :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Mr.Sambo

Thank you very much, Marc!!TOMMY

Guest Simmo

All I did was ask a sensible question as this is an area that I'm interested in. What's your problem with that? Tell me please.

Hello PMDG,Would you please answer my question? It's in the second post.Thanks,Dirk

Guest PoGoDuDe

>Will it wake up in the morning and cook me breakfast, take my>kid to school, tell my wife how great she is, fetch the paper,>feed the dog, shave me, wipe my rear endsky, change the oil in>my truck, mow the lawn, solve the mid east problems, create a>new energy source and make cotton candy?>>If it doesnt then Im really not interested. Im sick of sims>with worthless stuff like "Ailerons" or "Auto Pilot" I want>something that really stands out from the rest, not this>garbage Ive been seeing.>>Geez.LOL!:-roller:-roller:-roller:-roller:-rolleryou're a funny bugger mate!

Guest Marc Harrington

So many questions... Yes, it will make you breakfast (continental only, none of the fancy stuff) and it probably does VNAV approaches as well (since it has VNAV, I would guess so ;)).There is an upper deck cabin included and the reason why the lower deck isn't modeled is simply an issue of performance. Adding another large amount of polygons will result in very undesirable frame rates, and as you can read in the IFC reports, our plane performs very well as it is right now.Why did we tell you it would be included earlier? Simple - we like to lie to you. ;)But seriously, that was back in March and things simply change. We've made many additions and subtractions from the features list as we progressed mostly due to time, feasibility or performance concerns.

Hi Simmo i have no problem with it at all i really want to know if i can have wing views wothout being able to walk to the wing which would only be possible if the lower deck exists. I was asking an honest question with no sarcasm in it, thats all.

Guest Robin.B

Marc, I remember that before you stated roundabout March that you would include a full cabin, you'd said only upper deck? I'd always based my thoughts on that earlier comments for some reason :)