Sign in to follow this  
apollosmith

Reset TOCWS?

I know I found the answer to this once before, but I've now seached for about an hour and can't find it again.Once you've completed a flight, how do you reset the NG's TOCWS (TakeOff Configuration Warning System) so that you don't get the alarm when you advance the throttles to fly another leg? It seems like it had to do with resetting the battery or something, but I can't figure it out. Jared Smith

Does the lack of response mean that I'm really confused?Once I land is there really no way to reset the alarm when you throttle up short of resetting the flight (and everything else) in FS? There must be! Or you guys only fly one leg at a time?I could've sworn I read how to do it once, but after yet another hour of searching I still can't find it. It's really driving me batty. If it's not possible, could someone at least confirm that.Jared Smith

Jared,it's pretty simple actually. Once you've landed and advance the throttle levers again for taxiing the spoilers will retract automatically. However they will go back into armed position (as it should be) so make sure you disarm them in your after landing check flow. If you don't, the alarm will sound on your next take off.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Just do not advance the throttles sooo much, certainly after landing you will not need to advance the throttles past 40% N1, move'em slowly and wait, it will move you at much lower N1.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

THANK YOU! I knew it would be something simple like that. I can't believe I overlooked that. Now I can fly multi-leg flights without the plane screaming at me for doing something wrong.Jared Smith