Sign in to follow this  
Guest wolkke

Sound "10" does not appear during landing.

Guest wolkke

Hi, I have the PMDG 737NG and the PMDG 737 800/900. When I am landing, I hear all sounds from 2500 to 20, but I do not hear "10". What is the problem?

Guest wolkke

I forgot it once in a while, so that is the problem, thanks!

Guest neeraj.pendse

Hm, that is interesting ... I thought those voices were driven by the radio altimeter ... why does one need to have the landing field altitude put in?Now that I think about it ... I also remember only hearing this sound some times. All my landings are super smooth, :-) so when I do hear it, I hear "10, 10, 10" and then the gentle squeak of tires- Neeraj

I flew back from an high altitude airfield (90 ft above sea level) to Schiphol (EHAM, 9 ft under sea level)when established on the loc and on short approach, the GPWS said: 1000, 500 (cleared to land), 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10,....... and then a long silence although i still had to go another 50 ft :) if the ACARS would have worked, there would have been a ticket for an extremely hard landing :Dhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgJan Herman Kloppenborg

Guest wolkke

Correct setting of landing field altitude does not help. I landed to KJFK RWY13, and I set altitude to 0, and only sounds from 2500 to 20 appeared. Not a big problem, but it would be nice to get it work.