Sign in to follow this  
Guest cessnaoo1

help please

Guest cessnaoo1

Have recently installed PMDG 737 800/900 and tried the quick set up to not very successfully. However this is my problem. I now cannot load Flight Simulator at all. Keep getting the message AIRCRAFT INITIATION FAILURE B737 600. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both flight simulator and pmdg. All to no avail. It seems the main Flight Sim. has lost a file. Can anyone suggest any ideas for this as I am at my wits end? Thanking you Charlie

may seem stupid but i once needed to update microsoft media player to have all working.. :/ Worth a try. Luca

Hi Charlie,What quick setup are you referring to? I don't recall seeing a quick setup program. Did you download the 737-800-900 from PMDG or is this the CD box version? The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall the PMDG program, but make sure you use the PMDG 737 uninstall utility. Since you're getting the message "Aircraft Initiation Failure B737-600," it doesn't seem to be the problem in flight simulator itself but the PMDG installation. Try to remove all of the PMDG programs using the PMDG 737 Remove program. After you've uninstall, run the flight simulator. If it still won't run, there must be a missing file in FS. Does it tell you what that missing file is? If you can find out, I can probably help you restore that missing file so you won't have to do a complete installation. But you did say you reinstalled flight simulator and you also reinstalled the PMDG programs. So, I think the problem may be in the PMDG installation. What operating system are you running and are you using FS2004 or FS2002? Ken.

Guest RAR_Fan

Charlie,What O/S are you running? If your not running XP you need to install the gdiplus.dll in order to make your PMDG bird fly.Gerry

Guest cessnaoo1

I have sice found in Documents C that I have the fs files there together with previous flights i have done. Clicking on that brings up my fs programmes but I cannot get it by clicking on start and then fs. Is this double dutch? If I do a complete uninstal of pmdg and flight simulator and then delete the files in documents and then reinstal will this solve the problem allbeit being a long way round Charlie Ps Thanks to all of you who have taken time to help me

Guest cessnaoo1

PS I meant to say that in the previous reply that i have installed fs to my D disc, does this make any difference Charlie

Charlie,Did you install FS9 on your D drive or simply move it over. If you moved it, your registry is corrupted and you will need to straighten that out. Easiest way would be to unistall and reinstall FS9 and the PMDG 737.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest cessnaoo1

Hello Sorry I have been a long time replying and at least thanking all for help tendered. The problem was resolved by completely uninstalling and re installing and deleting the fs9 config. file. Once again thanks. It is nice to know that one is not alone with ones problems. Good Luck Charlie