Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

KEGE: I know it's possible, but how the HECK do I get ...

Guest Knikolaes

Bad news . . .I checked and my PAI is totally gone. I will have to re-write everything from scratch and re-download all of my AI traffic.However if you are familiar with TTools, it is VERY VERY easy to get those written and I bet you could be using them for yourself and havign a blast before I even get the chance to get to it myself.

Guest scottzdc

Hi Jeff -Here is a link to the FAA ATC publications page, PDF or HTML formats. I highly recommend the AIM - Aeronautical Information Manual and the 7110.65 - Air Traffic Control.http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/Chris Saunders

LOL, I have all those links. As a real world pilot myself I also keep paper charts.Thanks for the info.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Knikolaes

Same . . . have library . . . will travel.**smiles**

Hi guys. I just tried out this fun approach for the first time. Thanks for the advice. Another fun approach you might try is Aspen's offset loc (KASE). It's quite close to Eagle. Anyway, I winged it the first time landing in RWY 25. Not very hard. Just followed your instructions and went for a dive after busting the minimums a few hundred feet (hey, I was VFR!). But things must be very very unconfrtable for the pax sitting close to the tail since final angle is negative (I know for a fact that in the 777 at least 2 degrees nose down is enough for uncomfortable pax).Continuing, I had a tailwind which meant I should've entered the Rwy 07 downwind and circling for that rwy; but after studying the terrain I concluded it is literally impossible for a 737 to circle and land on rwy 07. There's a huge mountain (at least in FS9) not one mile from that rwy. I tried circling north for Rwy07 anyway, and got all sorts of GPWS shouting at me. Anyway, I can picture a light twin turning tight base for rww 07, But I think I need to see to believe when it comes to 757s or 737s. Just my two cents. Unless they come in at final with an offset and correct it cose to the threshhold, like Kai Tak or Hawaii LDA approaches (only without radio guidance).Regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

>RW25, am I allowed to perform a visual approach provided the>runway is in sight? Yes you are. Controllers really do not monitor how well you fly your approach. Approach charts are for you the pilot to get safely on the ground. If you have visual contact with the runway you can do whatever you want.. short of flying circles. Also if visual conditions were really good controllers would suggest a visual approach on their own.Michael J.

Guest Knikolaes

Actually I circle to land in 737's, 757's and even the 767 all the time.The charts have specifics on that. Basically make it a RIGHT downwind, clearing the hills near the airport. There is a valley up ahead which I actually turn left into and then turn right to approaCH THE RUNWAY FROM A 45 DEGREE ANGLE THROUGH THE VALLEY. tHIS GIVES ME A NICE, COMFY APPROACH AND THE PAX GET LOTS OF TOURISTS PHOTOS OF THE AREA lol.Annnnd . . my caps lock i just realized was on and I wasn't looking at the screen, but I am not typing all that over again. Heheh.Least to say in the 737 and even the 757 you can do a regular right pattern withOUT the valley trick I just described.NOTE: Do NOT attempt a runway 7 approach in IMC. Only in clear, good conditions where wind permits shoudl this be done. Even with tailwinds, IFR in IMC always use the 25 approach.And I agree -- that Aspen approach is a killer too, but I lvoe the Eagle approaches more for variences in practice. Aspen is beautiful though -- especially with the terrain add-ons I have.

Guest Knikolaes

>>RW25, am I allowed to perform a visual approach provided>the>>runway is in sight? >>Yes you are. Controllers really do not monitor how well you>fly your approach. Approach charts are for you the pilot to>get safely on the ground. If you have visual contact with the>runway you can do whatever you want.. short of flying circles.>Also if visual conditions were really good controllers would>suggest a visual approach on their own.>>Michael J.>Agreed. I hear some very interesting calls on the scanner when i am in that area. I think my favorite was a 757 (United) asking about "bouncing the passengers" out on a hilltop to save the landing sequence LOL. Tower said they would not be responsible for whatever the FAA did to them, but no matter what, they had to make sure none of the skiers hit any of the other planes on the way down.