Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

GoFlight and Aerosoft MCP

If you're using the gameport version of the MCP, then it "shouldn't make no nevermind" what you do on the USB side of things. All the MCP does (most of the time - mine has given me some problems) is generate keystrokes via the keyboard connector, and that should not have any interaction with the GoFlight stuff.BTW I noted a while back that Aerosoft has a firmware/PROM upgrade for the MCP that is FS2002-specific. I still have the FS2000 version, and am not inclined to spend any more $ on it since I have been fortunate enough to acquire a PFC avionics stack... But if you're using the MCP actively, you might want to go for that.good luck,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Thanks for the info,I read some good comments about Aerosoft MCP, I think USB version (RS232?), anyway I think it is the only one that looks like the real thing.Ulisses

I thought you already had an MCP. If not, and you can afford it, I would suggest an all-GoFlight setup rather than trying to use the MCP for stuff. There are several reasons for this... I can go into more detail if needed, but for one thing, all of the switches and knobs on the MCP are dual-purpose, so you'll find yourself switching between the two modes (using the SET1/SET2 switch) quite frequently. IMO this detracts from the realism aspect of things.One of the things I like about the GoFlight stuff that even my Precision Flight Controls setup doesn't have, is the trim wheel that GF has on their GF-LGT panel. I could sure use one of those.cheers,dB.

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

Thinking in build a home cockpit, the Aerosoft MCP looks very nice to fit in the main panel to have a real auto-pilot, but can you explain better the problem I should have with that MCP ? What

Another thing...Maybe we are not talking about the same Aerosoft /MCP.I

Guest gasebah

Hi Ulysses,as far as I know this thing is not even on the market yet. They do a lot of talk and never deliver. Go with th GOFlight stuff. It is extremely versatile and intelligent. It is affordable. You can add stuff step by step and the developer is very helpful when it comes to support.Alex

Ah, you are correct - I am talking about not only another product but another *company* also called Aerosoft, from Germany. I have the Aerosoft ACP Compact... Sorry about my mistake.The MCP is appears to be a very nice gizmo, although IMO it is fairly limited in functionality just by its definition (i.e. a box that emulates the autopilot of an airliner). If you fly the big iron then it is clearly a good way to go; I personally spend 95% of my sim time flying either GA or military aircraft in FS2002, so that panel is not really applicable to what I do.Just to really confuse things, the German Aerosoft has some avionics panels as well, including an autopilot one: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/en/ibosh...w290,3035849060But I think the GoFlight stuff is better, particularly if you're on a budget, since you can gradually add modules as $ allows. Also, it appears that the ergonomics of the GoFlight GF166 Versatile Radio are more similar to a real one.BTW this is what I have: http://flypfc.com/avionics/avionics.htmlIt's wonderful, and I was fortunate enough to get a great deal on it. The driver was written by the guy that wrote FSUIPC, and it makes the stack work *amazingly* realistically.cheers,Dave BlevinsKRHV

Hi :)Thanks for the info, your PFC Avionics Panel looks very nice, sometime years ago I bought an Elite simulator and PFC yoke and throttle, very nice, I had an avionics from Elite, but very simple (no displays, only knobs)Now I have a plan to build a home cockpit (probably boeing), with Project Magenta, big screen projector, etc..I ordered a rack from GoFlight, with the new 166, gear, T8, P8 and 45. I also reserved a Aerosoft MCP to use as autopilot, and planning to contruct my boeing too.More than that, I