Sign in to follow this  
jd

future ATC developments?

Are there any developers out there working on improvements to the basic ATC engine within FS2K2? It would be great to see SID/STAR support, HF communication and controllers with authentic accents. I for one would be happy to pay for such a program, I am sure there would be sufficient interest across the FS community?

I think a new version of Radio contact will do that. You can read moe on their forum here at AVSIMTony

Thanks for your reply, I have never heard of radio contact but I've seen a product called radar contact somewhere on Avsim what is it all about?

it is radar contact, there is a forum here dedicated to radar contact and our web page is www.jdtllc.com

Guest Stamatis

Your best bet is the upcoming release of Radar Contact version 3."It would be great to see SID/STAR support"You can include a SID/STAR and its waypoints in your flight plan and you will have to abide by it.HF communicationHF chatter is included when flying in the appropriate regions."and controllers with authentic accents"Included for most regions, but not all.As you can see Radar Contact seems to being built excatly to satisfy your needs, plus a lot more :-)However: It is not an improvement of the internal ATC engine, it is a stand-alone application, which can even run in a different PC.And no, it is not an FS Adventure, as Radar Contact previous versions were, so you can still enjoy AI Traffic as you fly.Stamatis

and will the Radarcontact ATC interact with the AI?

Guest Stamatis

No, at least as far as I know.Stamatis

define "interact"haven't found a way to direct AI airplanes to do what i want them to do. if that is what you mean by interact, then nohowever, i know where the ai planes are, and i can make traffic calls to you, and to the ai plane, about each other's whereabouts. if that is what you meant, then yes

JD,Can you give me IFR vectors to avoid an AI traffic ?Can you delay my landing because there are AI traffics on final ?Have FS2002 AI planes stupid pilots ?Ulisses

>JD, >>Can you give me IFR vectors to avoid an AI traffic ? the beta testers, doug and i have had a number of interesting and enlightening discussions on this. bottom line no. here are the reasons why:since i can't control the ai planes, one arm is already tied behind my back. as doug will tell you seperation of aircraft depends on the ability to vector each conflicting aircraft. i can only control oneit is entirely possible that i will vector you into another aircraft, in the hopes of getting you away from the first aircraft. if i could plan all the possibilities and control all the planes, and my code could handle it, i would be knocking on the FAA's door :-)>Can you delay my landing because there are AI traffics on >final ? issues of parallel runways cause problems, i wouldn't know which runway the traffic was landing on.the version 3 code is essentially frozen. we will spend the next couple of months finding bugs, and writing documentation.>Have FS2002 AI planes stupid pilots ? is this a statement of fact ;-) or a question ;-)>>Ulisses >

I've been to the website which seems to be geared to the 'informed', i.e. as an interested potential user, the exact functions of the program are not clearly listed, however, from the posts, Version 3 could be the best thing for FS2K2 ever. As a simmer who prefers to fly in less developed regions - Africa and the Carribean for example, where radar vectoring for example rarely exists, is there scope for 'simple ATC' with authentic voice files to be included?

if you are arriving into an airport that has no approach controller, you will be asked which type of approach you would like. the choices are visual approach"ILS""VOR""VOR-A""VOR-B""VOR-DME""VOR-DME-A""VOR-DME-B""NDB""GPS""LOC""LOC-BC""RNAV""SDF""TACAN"get out your approach plates, choose the one you want, ask for it, and fly it.if you are flying into an airport with an approach controller, and you want to fly a specific airport, you can request it from approach, and he will grant it. then all you have to do is fly it.as far as "authentic voice files", they're all authentic ;-)everytime someone asks if i'll have "greek" or "french" or "somalian" controller voices, i say no, but would you like to volunteer. they never come back and volunteer. dunno why :-(

Guest Stamatis

"if you are flying into an airport with an approach controller, and you want to fly a specific airport,"I am sure you meant the last word to read Approach."everytime someone asks if i'll have "greek" or "french" or "somalian" controller voices, i say no, but would you like to volunteer. they never come back and volunteer."Hey, I never asked, OK? :-)Stamatis

>"if you are flying into an airport with an approach >controller, and you want to fly a specific airport," >>I am sure you meant the last word to read Approach. correct, my fat fingers :-)>>"everytime someone asks if i'll have "greek" or "french" >or "somalian" controller voices, i say no, but would you >like to volunteer. they never come back and volunteer." >>Hey, I never asked, OK? :-) true ;-)>>Stamatis