Sign in to follow this  
Guest CDolan1

Autoland

Guest CDolan1

Hi,Will the Queen have an easy-to-use Autoland system? Thanks!

>Will the Queen have an easy-to-use Autoland system? >Tell me - which ones are 'easy' and which ones are 'hard' to use Autoland systems :-hmmmMichael J.

Do you consider the real thing an "easy-to-use Autoland system"?

No way it's not easy. The 767/757s are very easy and are designed around the same time frame (some models earlier of course, I'm speaking generally). Tune the ILS and push buttons, all while slowing and selecting flaps and gear. Pretty straight forward.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest EDCS

I remenber a accident report on the german website of the BFU (they investigate accidents with aircraft).A 747 of Air India approaching to EDDF (Frankfurt/Main). Runway in use is only at CAT I. The pilot of the Air India tried to do an autoland without information to ATC. What happens? They touch down hundrets of meters earlier. At this point the runway is market with white crosses. The 747 an the ILS Antennas are strange damaged and for the rest of the day chaos in Frankfurt.Autoland is not in all cases the right way.GreetingsStefan

>No way it's not easy. The 767/757s are very easy and are>designed around the same time frame (some models earlier of>course, I'm speaking generally). Tune the ILS and push>buttons, all while slowing and selecting flaps and gear. >Pretty straight forward.The 747-400 is a newer system than the 757/767's - it's actually even easier. All three AP's arm automatically and the FMC autotunes the ILS and course for you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>I remenber a accident report on the german website of the BFU>(they investigate accidents with aircraft).>>A 747 of Air India approaching to EDDF (Frankfurt/Main).>Runway in use is only at CAT I. The pilot of the Air India>tried to do an autoland without information to ATC. What>happens? They touch down hundrets of meters earlier. At this>point the runway is market with white crosses. The 747 an the>ILS Antennas are strange damaged and for the rest of the day>chaos in Frankfurt.>>Autoland is not in all cases the right way.>>Greetings>>Stefan I think he meant easy in the sense of aircraft setup for approach to Autoland ;-) and to this question =Yes [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest dwinters

I would be really grateful if someone could give me a quick summary of the categories of ILS. (perhaps including minimums, laws, allowences)Thanks in advanceDavid Winters

Guest FattyBear

Why is everyone so obsessed with autoland? I don't get it. It's not difficult to use, and yet there are tons of posts on forum asking how to do it. Learn to fly the plane.

Guest aarskringspier

>Why is everyone so obsessed with autoland? I don't get it. >It's not difficult to use, and yet there are tons of posts on>forum asking how to do it. Learn to fly the plane. And good morning to you, I suppose everyone should fly the plane they bought to your standards eh?

Guest tmetzinger

Everyone should fly the plane they bought in accordance with the flight manual or their own ops manual. That may be a kindler, gentler way of saying it's not terribly difficult to do in any transport equipped for autoland.

Guest AJ

>Hi,>Will the Queen have an easy-to-use Autoland system? >>Thanks!That will depend more on your own perception than on the product. In any case, I expect it to be neither harder nor easier than the real thing. Andrew

>And good morning to you, I suppose everyone should fly the>plane they bought to your standards eh?Good point. How people fly in the 'privacy' of their own home is really their own business. I would guess that majority of 'simmers' even those who fly PMDG products 'butcher' flying one way or another. Everyone sets his/her own standards.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg