Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

Navaid Ident

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Basic question hopefully an easy answer for someone - how do I stop the morse code ident - I can start it Ok but last night I had to de-tune the navaid to stop it. Also is there any visula indication of which one is identing - I think on the MSFS default aircraft, the ident button lights up.

not sure in the sim, I will have to check it out. I can say this, in the real aircraft, if the station is tuned an you see the ID indicated at the bottom of the PFD, it is considered 'identified' for purposes of IFR requirements.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest RAR_Fan

In the PMDG 737-600/700, from the radio stack window, ® click the "Test" button on the Nav you have tuned. I've never saw any indicator in my sim, but when you don't hear that morse code anymore, ya' done it!Cheers! Gerry

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Gerry,Thanks - tried that ! the infernal thing still keeps bleeping at me ! The trouble was - I had both ILS tuned to the same frequency and both ADFs tuned - so I had no way of knowing which was bleeping. Tried detuning each in turn, but with the delay you get between idents I never got to found out which was which.Is there not a better way of knowing which is identing ?