Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattford1

PMDG 737 & Surround Sound 7.1

Guest mattford1

Hello-Is there a way of getting surround sound to work correctly with PMDG 737 and surround sound 7.1? I've noticed that the engine sounds come out of the front channels as opposed to the side and rear channels (thus it sounds as if the engine are in front of the airplane. Perhaps this is a limitation of flight sim, or is there some setting I can do to fix this in the sound.cfg file.Thanks,Matt Fordwww.737sim.com

Matt,Unfortunately MSFS does not support surround sound. I too have a 7.1 sound system and what I can do is by using the speaker calibration software coming with the soundcard I can have the engine sound on all speakers (except centre). That is at least better then just on the front speakers.I guess you have as well such a software so try turning up the volume on the rear and side speakers and you should be able to hear the engines from those as well.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I purchased the Audigy 4 and it rocks! My 5.1 system gets surround sound, including the center channel, in the game.

Guest mattford1

Ok, thanks!Matt

Guest Juzzflyer

**Nudge MS** :-wave I was discussing this just yesterday with a fellow pilot and FS enthusiast. We both have basic 5.1 sound systems (i'm guessing most people would or have cards that support it) but never seem to get the full "surround sound" and "being there" effect thru FS. Anyone else want to place bets that this will be supported in future versions of FS??! :-bla Heres hoping so!