Sign in to follow this  
michelmvd

B744 fuel consumption / performance

Hello,We all like the beautiful beta pictures of the airframes/cockpits etc, but I'm my personal opinion, as a cockpit builder, the most important thing is that the B744 performance, aerodynamics and systems are correctly simulated and as close as it can to the real one.After what I saw in Blackpool, it's looks all very interesting and it was amazing to feel how the Queen was accelerating during take off. The heavy feeling was there.What about the fuelconsumption figures ? Are they following the real life flightplan figures (including headwinds - stepclimbs ?) How close are they comparing the real ones after a long haul flight of 12 hrs or a short 1 hr position flight ?Looking forwards to the release of the amazing addon.B. rgdsMichel

Not sure what winds have to do with fuel consumption. Once the aircraft is flying there is no such thing as wind **unless** you are interested in ground speed and time to destination. Fuel consumption in aircraft is normally expressed in weight of burned fuel per hour and this has nothing to do with winds but is directly related to engine settings and altitude. If I were you I would rather be asking how well turbine engine is modeled.Michael J.

Hi Michael,Maybe my question was indeed a little wrongly asked. (English isn't my mother language) I know all off your information concerning the winds. What I wanted to know was how well the calcullated tripfuel was followed ... With heavy headwinds for exemple the trip from EBOS to KJFK will take longer than one with less headwinds or a return flight with mostly tailwinds (as calcullated in the flightplan) and how is pmdg reacting on that.Sure winds has nothing to do with fuel consuption, but due to the headwinds the trip will take longer and therefore more fuel will be consumpted when arriving at the destination airport.Also the take-off/climb portion of the flight will consumme more that crz and descend faze. Did any of the beta - testers checked this with a real life operational flightplan ?CiaoMichel

Guest Buck Bolduc

I would imagine someone has come up with a fuel planner simular to the one I have for the 767.But your correct, engine fuel consumption is more or less static depending on the engine's make/model N1 etc.Your also correct wrt winds/trip fuel, the longer the darn thing runs the more fuel it will burn, call it trip fuel.Without a fuel planner I used to allocate fuel based on estimated trip time with extra for taxi, Alt AP, 10,000 extra etc. With the 747 perhaps 12,000 or 15,000 would be more realistic, don't know yet myself.Best

Buck,You saving room for an edit?

Eric 

>Hi Michael,>>Maybe my question was indeed a little wrongly asked. (English>isn't my mother language) I know all off your information>concerning the winds. What I wanted to know was how well the>calcullated tripfuel was followed ... >With heavy headwinds for exemple the trip from EBOS to KJFK>will take longer than one with less headwinds or a return>flight with mostly tailwinds (as calcullated in the>flightplan) and how is pmdg reacting on that.>>Sure winds has nothing to do with fuel consuption, but due to>the headwinds the trip will take longer and therefore more>fuel will be consumpted when arriving at the destination>airport.>>Also the take-off/climb portion of the flight will consumme>more that crz and descend faze. >>Did any of the beta - testers checked this with a real life>operational flightplan ?>>Ciao>>MichelThe winds aloft simulation is native to MSFS itself, developers don't have to do anything to simulate this on addon aircraft.Cheers!-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

>Buck,>>You saving room for an edit? LOL... [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest AJ

>>Hi Michael,>>>>Maybe my question was indeed a little wrongly asked.>(English>>isn't my mother language) I know all off your information>>concerning the winds. What I wanted to know was how well>the>>calcullated tripfuel was followed ... >>With heavy headwinds for exemple the trip from EBOS to KJFK>>will take longer than one with less headwinds or a return>>flight with mostly tailwinds (as calcullated in the>>flightplan) and how is pmdg reacting on that.>>>>Sure winds has nothing to do with fuel consuption, but due>to>>the headwinds the trip will take longer and therefore more>>fuel will be consumpted when arriving at the destination>>airport.>>>>Also the take-off/climb portion of the flight will consumme>>more that crz and descend faze. >>>>Did any of the beta - testers checked this with a real life>>operational flightplan ?>>>>Ciao>>>>Michel>>The winds aloft simulation is native to MSFS itself,>developers don't have to do anything to simulate this on addon>aircraft.>>>Cheers!>-Lee Barber>http://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpgWell actually they do, but only in terms of modeling the FMC which must be able to accurately calculate these things in all conditions. Andrew