Sign in to follow this  
DLP084

PMDG 737 flies route offset of 7 nm at Alaska/Canada

Hi, I have a small problem with the route: janpaul12005jul160025mx.jpgjanpaul12005jul160014bl.jpgI know that the magnetic variation is correct, but the offset isn't. The aircraft should be on J502. Jan-Paul

Mr Nameless,I can't really see what's wrong in your screen shots. BUt I guess you are encountering one of the small flaws in the 600/700. WHen you have enough distance between waypoints in a route the magenta line and the aircraft path will deviate due to great circle navigation. As you probably have noticed the magenta route and the aircraft path will converge at the next waypoint.Hope it helps,

Hi Mats, another example with the LDS 767: janpaul12005jul160052pp.jpgjanpaul12005jul160037ub.jpgSame Airway as with PMDG 737. The 767 keeps on track and is synchron with FSNAV. If I fly with the 737 in Europe or USA, everything is ok. But if I fly near the magnetic north pole the offset appears. I hope that the 747 and the MD11 wont have this problem. Best regards Jan-Paul