Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

800-900 Installation crashes my FS startup

I should add that I did all the recommended steps outlined in the FAQ and searched the PMDG forum to find possible solutions. I have tried all of them except for the reinstall of FS. I tried to do that, but the only option I have when I insert the cd is to run or uninstall. Your FAQ says uninstall not necessary just install over the last copy. How does that work?I appologize if my tone seems off. I'm just back from a funeral and wanted a new toy to brighten my day.

Hi Rightseat,First of all, is this the CD version or did you download this from PMDG? I'm not sure about the CD version but I do know that you must have the base version or the PMGD 737NG 600 and 700 series installed before the 800 and 900 series will work. Hope this helps.Ken.

It was the download version. I've had the 600/700 version for a few weeks now. Thanks

BumpLooks like I forgot to sign my post. I didn't see the rules under all the 747 stickies.rightseat-scott major

Gents, it's been since Saturday I've had this problem. $27 and still a non-functioning program. I sent an email Saturday night, I believe and no answer. I sent another one with a long subject line yesterday to make sure it went through the filter. I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes, but I've seen others answered and there's only so much room on the front page under all the 747 stickies. Perhaps you're not getting my emails? Perhaps this thread keeps getting bumped down and you haven't seen it? Trying my best to be patient,scott major

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:Give the folks some time, they're doing hardcore BETA testing. I'm sure they'll pop up to help you soon. Did you try contacting them at support@precisionmanuals.com ?Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I'm very frustrated. I just bought the 800-900 upgrade and when FS tries to start up, it crashes back to the desktop. I system restored to before the 800-900 install, and it works correctly. What would cause this crash? Am I going to get a refund if I can't use this thing?

Hello there-first of all, coming up with a "am I going to get a refund" isn't helping set a proper, respectful tone in this thread.Now- have you checked our web site? There is a support@ email address that you can contact, which is checked daily. Our support personnel has helped thousands of people before, and would be only too glad to assist you.In case you have not received an answer within 48 hours from emailing support, assume that your email has not gone through, and follow instructions posted in the pinned topic at the top of this forum.Please understand that there are LOTS of satisfied customers that use PMDG products daily, so a crash to desktop should be assumed to be something set up incorrectly on YOUR particular PC. As such, you absolutely NEED to contact support to receive help (which we gladly offer).Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Chase87

I'm sorry, but that was a very rude reply.

Asking the question about getting a refund is an honest question said in a respectful tone from a loyal customer (all PMDG prods.) during a trying time. I did appologize for my bluntness in my second post--I had just returned from a hard funeral. I already explained that I sent an email on Saturday and accomplished all points on the FAQ page. I even sent another email yesterday. Perhaps support doesn't work on weekends and PMDG means 24 business hours? That could be an explanation. Frustrated as I am, I have not resorted to flaming or insults, but I have gone unaswered for several days now and wanted to use another method for drawing PMDG's attention in case my emails were spam filtered. I know to do this because I read the support pages.The support page instructs us to wait at least 48hours for a response. I had, and now posted again to make sure I was answered in case the email was lost. I'm following the rules to the letter. PMDG asked for feedback; I am giving it about my experience without insults or flaming--that is proper and respctful.So, since you have seen my post, please ask PMDG to check the email account to see if my emails have been lost so we can work this out.Respectfully, Scott Major

Hi Scott-assuming that you still haven't received a reply, it's conceivable that the spam server is considering your ISP as blacklisted.In that case, please set up an alternate email address (hotmail, yahoo, or something similar) and hit us again with email to support@.That should help to alleviate the problem, and finally would help us provide support so you can thoroughly enjoy the 737NG like everyone else.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I am currently sending via the Yahoo ISP email system. I will email from my office's email address and see if that makes it through. Thank you for your assistance.