Sign in to follow this  
Guest Someone_Else

747 - Any word on the price?

Guest Someone_Else

Now that the 747 is fast approaching can anyone hint as to how much it will cost?

Guest shaheedan

In this situation, PMDG should announce the price, at least.Regards,Shaheedan Abdul Wahab

Guest Robin.B

I quite highly doubt that you will ever see the official price before you see the order button active in precisionmanuals.com

One thing we know for sure

Guest Robin.B

I actually hope it won't be more than $45... That's my limit :(

Guest captaingrice

Hi Robin,What if it's $46? ;o)I'm sure for this, you will stretch a little! Take care,Steve.

Guest Robin.B

;) Anything up to $49.99 is fine actually... It still doesn't sound as big as $50 :-lol

Guest CDolan1

$40's my limit :)

Guest diajohn2

How about $59. Maybe even $69. Better add-ons keep going up in price. I would buy at either price.

Guest Someone_Else

If it's any more than $45 I think I will not be running to it quite so quickly.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Yeah looks like $50 is a sweet spot. If I think about it, I think "above $50" many people might shy away, so PMDG might actually make more money if it was $49.99 or lower. :-)

Guest teecop

>Now that the 747 is fast approaching can anyone hint as to>how much it will cost?Hi AVSIM Group;I've been a lurker for years and have gotten so much knowlwedge and enjoyment from this site it is impossible to describe it. I've purchased almost all the PMDG products for the FS series. I've been reading the 747-400 posts with interest and cannot wait until its ready for market. I've been awaiting this price post. I laugh at some of the requests for detail in a simulation that are hard to find in even the airline simulators. Things like wing flex, the proper shade of color for guages and many other details. I read the continual comparisons to Level D aircraft and Hardy's PS-1. Then I see this post and everyone wants the most detailed aircraft up to this date for $35 or $40. I payed $250 for PS-1 and it didn't have flex wings, VC cockpit or a fleet of planes for various carriers. I think many of the individuals posting demand way too much simulator for what they are willing to pay. I hope I don't have to pay what I payed for PS-1, but from what I have seen and had described by the beta testers, I won't feel ripped off if the price is in a range above $35 or $40. This is an awesome and complex simulation and deserves a price commensurate.Phil Carroll

Guest Robin.B

True, but hey, it's PMDG, every request is worth a try, since the magic team will fix it up most likely :-lol

Guest AJ

>>Now that the 747 is fast approaching can anyone hint as to>>how much it will cost?>>Hi AVSIM Group;>>I've been a lurker for years and have gotten so much>knowlwedge and enjoyment from this site it is impossible to>describe it. I've purchased almost all the PMDG products for>the FS series. I've been reading the 747-400 posts with>interest and cannot wait until its ready for market. I've been>awaiting this price post. I laugh at some of the requests for>detail in a simulation that are hard to find in even the>airline simulators. Things like wing flex, the proper shade of>color for guages and many other details. I read the continual>comparisons to Level D aircraft and Hardy's PS-1. Then I see>this post and everyone wants the most detailed aircraft up to>this date for $35 or $40. I payed $250 for PS-1 and it didn't>have flex wings, VC cockpit or a fleet of planes for various>carriers. I think many of the individuals posting demand way>too much simulator for what they are willing to pay. I hope I>don't have to pay what I payed for PS-1, but from what I have>seen and had described by the beta testers, I won't feel>ripped off if the price is in a range above $35 or $40. This>is an awesome and complex simulation and deserves a price>commensurate.>>>Phil Carroll You can say whatever you want, and buy it or not. In any case it simply comes down to the market. The most serious MSFS aircraft addons currently range up to about $40-$45 at this time. This includes PMDG's previous products. They might crank the price up just a tad, but if they go much out of that range, they will lose potential customers in droves no matter how good it is. As for PS1, that was a stand alone sim as far as I know, which menat designing not only the aicraft but the full environment in which it flew. PMDG did not have to do that.Andrew

Guest neil_b

>You can say whatever you want, and buy it or not.Exactly Andrew. You can't demand complexity and also demand a price tag in the same message.At the end of the day, it will be released when its ready, it will feature what PMDG decide to feature, and it will cost what they seem fit.If you want an add-on thats cheap and has everything you want I'd suggest opening Adobe Photoshop and your favourite programming language ;)