Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvFerg

Tutorials & PMDG Manuals?

Guest MarvFerg

I bought the whole PMDG package 737 600 thru 900. To date, I have still not figured out how to start one cold, from the manual. I have spent hours going over the manuals and snooping the forums. I have just about every sim out there but this package really dissppoints me. Its realism, graphics or immerison, etc., are five stars! The add-on severely lacks for understandable manuals or tutorials. Clausen's PMDG's tutorial is a start, but shouldn't PMDG offer a more user-friendly set of "how-to's..." and "it's right here..."? For those of you who are better interpretative virtual pilots than me, I applaud you, but I will hesitate to buy anything further from PMDG...even the beloved 747! They just don't explain it well enough s-o-o-z us common virtual-pilot-folk can understand down here...:-hmmm :-zhelp

Guest Robin.B

Hello, Mr. Nonameprovided :-lol . If you read the PMDG Forum Rules then you will notice a statment that everyone is required to sign their full name under each post. Thanks ;)As for the complexity of the manuals, yes it is absolutely true that they are immensely complex. You might want to have a start with Timothy Metzinger's PMDG tutorial which can be found on most Simulator related libraries such as Avsim. This tutorial was the one that got me going on the PMDG 737NG, and ever since I love it :)

Merv,Take a look at the chapter titled "Normal Procedures". It includes a section titled "Cockpit Preparation" and "Pushback and Start".If you go thru these sections one item at a time, your engines should be spinning in no time :).Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest MarvFerg

Thanks for your help. I will follow each of your suggestions and links and see how it goes. Sorry I did not sign my username. PS I still intend to buy the PMDG 747, even if I never get it to start. I'm sure it will be so dang pretty I'll be happy to just sit in it and look aroundMarvFerg:-hah

Don't get discouraged Marv. Once you learn one, the rest are pretty easy...Really, you need the same thing in each heavy aircraft to get the engines fired up...1) Electricity - usually supplied by the APU or External Power2) Bleed Air - usually supplied by APU or External Air Cart3) Fuel - Controlled by Fuel cutoff levers So the common theme here is really the APU. Get it started, connect the APU generators and bleed air, flip the engine start switches to Ground (GND), and add fuel via the cutoff switches at around 20% N2.Obviously this is pretty generic, but it generally applies to most all commercial aircraft.Hope this helps!

Guest Robin.B

Yay! That would surely encourage many more people to fly the 744 without having to wait for an external tutorial :)

Dear PMDG-TeamYou'll see this decision will accelerate your sales figures.Best regardsMarcel