Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

Misc screenies

Guest A32X

It's a real shame there will be no real RR/PW EICAS, I guess if we wanted that in the future is would be an addon pack?Also, the PFD geometry is looking much better but it's not yet there as others have already pointed out, such as the compass rose numbers being incorrectly aligned.Take your time folks, she looks better and better with every post!

Guest A32X

Can I also add the PFD colours look overly vibrant. I fly the PS1.3 and the colours which I presume are accurate, differ from the current PMDG PFD quite a bit.

Guest glenlee

Great pics Mats, thanks for taking the trouble and leaving yourself wide open to the 'experts' bug spotting obsession.I wish people would not pick faults with these screen shots.IT'S BETA.When it's ready you'll have your chance to shine by being the first to spot the bugs that the 'real testers' didn't catch.I for one am glad to see that the BETA team are still brave enough to try to keep us updated, it's been a while since the last pictures were posted on here and I think that delay had something to do with Windscreen wipers?!?Thanks for the picsGlen Lee

Guest Ross

>Mats and all,>>I have a question for you.... is 4100ft/min climb normal at>20000ft?>>I have no experience in this, but it seems a little>extreme...>>Anyone?>>Paul>Its not beyond the realms of possibility with a low pax/fuel load. I have the Polar Air Cargo DVD and they manage some pretty high climb rates on the B744F even with a heavy cargo load.

Guest Robin.B

Sometimes it's good to have some feedback from the audience as some of them are hardcore 747 fans and know a lot about the aircraft itself :-lol As you can see by the Landing gear lever, beta testers sometimes cannot spot stuff that the audience might... (Sorry Mats :-lol )

I'm not sure if it is specific to the cockpit but the features page has this,"Customizable Options - Change units, flight director styles, IRS alignment times, engine variants and more" I hope it will be an option in the future at least. Otherwise looks like it is coming together nicely.v/rTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Paul,With 30.000 kg of payload and 18.000 kg of fuel it certainly would be possible. Remember that I did a 55 minute flight here. I'm not an expert on the flight characteristics and I'm sure our 744 drivers will pick those things up. SO far I have not heard anyone complain about excessive vertical speeds.Cheers,

Jan-Paul,Yes, that is the new Swedflight scenery. It's a good leap forward (a lot implemented in Pack 4) and a good deal at

>Paul,>>With 30.000 kg of payload and 18.000 kg of fuel it certainly>would be possible. Remember that I did a 55 minute flight>here. I'm not an expert on the flight characteristics and I'm>sure our 744 drivers will pick those things up. SO far I have>not heard anyone complain about excessive vertical speeds.>>Cheers,It's like Mats said. Very short flight with low payload and you aren't using a derate climb.Try to climb a full loaded B744 with max payload and full climb power and y'll see a VSI around 2000. So, the B744 is a realy good climber.

Hi,I want to clarify, I am not complaining about PMDG's implementation of the logic in any way... just curious as to the real aircraft.This is more addressed to the real world pilots out there... or knowlegable sim guys...I am sure the 744, if lightly loaded is capable of 4100ft/min at 20000ft.... however I am curious if VNAV ( as used in the above screen shot )would put the aircraft in such a climb?Cheers,Paul