Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PMDG B737-700 - err 31 rwy unknown?

Guest franksalot

This is a new one on me - I'm trying to set up the Advanced Flight Tutorial 1.01 by Timothy M. Metzzinger 2003. However, having got as far as the 'KSTL Departures' page of the FMC, I was greeted with 'No SIDS' and the error notice on the Scratchpad thus - "KSTL err: 31 rwy unknown". I was parked at the end of Rwy 24 at KSTL setting up the flight......naughty I know...but nobody else was there sooo! while the cats away.....! I checked in my Fs9/PMDG/SIDS/STARS Folder and found the KSTL .txt file, all Sids/Stars were shown. So I'm baffled. Can someone help me, please?KenSomerset, England

is it possible something changed on the real airport recently and they changed name to a rwy? if this is the case the AIRAC would have data for this new runway but the SID/STAR file possibly hgas data for the old runway name... which brings the rwy unknown problem... Try downloading latest AIRAC and SID/STAR files. Luca

Guest franksalot

Hi Luca,Thank you for your reply. I do have the latest AIRAC data, the only Sid/Stars I have are those downloaded from PMDG Website, I guess they would be up to date, for the USA anyway. It's possible that something has changed the airport data though. I don't have any addon snenery for the US, it's all default.I will try another runway, if that fails I'll move to a nearby Airport, then I can 'hookup' to the Tutorial Route from there; the arrival Airport works fine.Ken

Guest Davies_b

I just checked out my latest sid/stars for the current airac downloaded from www.navdata.at for KSTL and their is no RWY 31. There's RWY 30L & 30R so as Luca mentioned, the RWY data has probably changed.Are you sure you haven't just download the latest airac and not the latest sid/star data?

Guest franksalot

Hi Brian,Thanks for your input on my 'thorny' problem.I do have the latest AIRAC Cycle 0506, Cycle 0507 is going to be 'jumped' as the good people at Navdata have been taking a well deserved vacation. The Sids/Stars topic gives me that sort of dizzy feeling :) - I have 'the latest PMDG Sids/Stars' I also have them for FSNavigator (how up to date they are I don't know) replacements are now almost non existant. I can't find any Sids/Stars for Fs9?Terry yingling also explains in " Updating Terminal Procedures, explained" that all the worlds airports are not listed! Read the the text found within the Fs9/PMDG/Sids/Stars for the complete rundown. nb. I made the decision not to reprint the information; PMDG Drivers only :) - that's my story anyway.Two things make me wonder if the problem IS on my PC - 1. St. Louis is the largest city in Missouri (I'm told!) so must the local Airport be (Lambert) - should qualify for Sids/Stars? 2. The Tutorial I am using is produced by Timothy M Metzinger, so he must know that Runway 24 exists, his very comprehensive write up on using the FMC convinces me.So, I'm stuck, I'm going to Europe and make a flight EGLL to EDDS, I think that will work, I'll let you know.Many thanks Luca and Brian.Ken

Guest dghart

>I just checked out my latest sid/stars for the current airac>downloaded from www.navdata.at for KSTL and their is no RWY>31. There's RWY 30L & 30R so as Luca mentioned, the RWY data>has probably changed.>>Are you sure you haven't just download the latest airac and>not the latest sid/star data?>>A quick look at the airport diagram confirms that runways 13/31 were decommissioned and renamed taxiway Foxtrot. I miss it already, I used to use 13/31 for Metroliner and Jetstream departures when I was flight control supervisor for Trans World Express (callsign: Waterski)...Dave HartSWVA3326CID 814539KZJX C1/V

Guest franksalot

Hi Dave,I can see I have created confusion about runway numbers. The Error that appeared in my FMC Scratchpad was "KSTL err: 31 rwy unknown" I thought that meant Error Number and not runway number. The Depature Runway I was trying to activate for my Tutorial flight was Runway 24; I suppose it could be that the FMC ignored my request and went on 'harping' about a non existant runway that I was not interested in :). Over the years I've noticed that computers often 'beat their own drum', regardless of what the operator requires!Many thanks for your comments.Ken

Guest glenb

Ken, If I understand

The problem is simply that the FMC reads the WHOLE SID/STAR file as you type in the airport name and insert it into either DEP or ARR. In the initial part it looks up the rwys, there is written that there is a rwy 31. This rwy 31 can't be found on the AIRAC. So you get an error for the unknown rwy. Quite simple.. :) BTW the same happened recently at LIRF where rwys 16C/34C were cancelled misteriously from the AIRAC data... let's hope they don't get in the idea of working on rwy 16L or many "FMC pilots" will have great trouble landing in Rome :D Ciao, Luca