Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

PFD subject

Hi,Lets make it easier for the PMDG team.Everybody that has something to say about the PFD, post here.It has been discussed more then once but PMDG maybe didn't see it.Actualy, the hole cockpit is just perfect except the PFD which is only for 90% real to the real one. So, some things maybe changed.

Guest Robin.B

So far what I remember is:1. Roundness of the edges2. Proportions of width/length3. Ratios of the blue to the brown4. The MAG heading wheel has no tilting numbers while the ND does5. The white arrow indicating bank is full white and needs to be only a border of white with emptiness inside6. The PMDG PFD has an extra white "bank line at the top" (The PMDG has 5 while the real 744 has only 4...

>3. Ratios of the blue to the brownWhat is that :-hmmmMichael J.

Guest Robin.B

On the PMDG 744 PFD, the Blue sky covers a considerably larger area than the brown ground. On the real 744 they're just about equal :)

>On the PMDG 744 PFD, the Blue sky covers a considerably>larger area than the brown ground. On the real 744 they're>just about equal :):-hmmm :-hmmmIs this a joke?Amount of blue/brown is function of position of the airplane in relation to the horizon. When parked on the ground they should be split 50-50%.Michael J.

Guest Babubhai

All of the above mentioned points and;The Standby ADI needs to be corrected as well.

Guest Robin.B

:( I think my mind was drifting again while writing that :-lol

Guest RAR_Fan

Hey folks!Just keep in mind what a real 744 costs! Heck, $50 won't even buy you a ticket to travel in the cargo compartment on the real bird. :9 Gerry

How do you know it hasn't all been fixed just the way you want it? So what if it hasn't? Is a cosmetic imperfection (in your eyes) that big a deal?I have never been on a 744 flightdeck and am never likely to now. Whatever PMDG want to give me is OK by me - they have not disappopinted me in the past and I don't expect them to in the future.Next thing is you will be wanting to see a screenshot of the in-flight movie.

Guest Robin.B

>How do you know it hasn't all been fixed just the way you>want it? So what if it hasn't? Is a cosmetic imperfection (in>your eyes) that big a deal?>>I have never been on a 744 flightdeck and am never likely to>now. Whatever PMDG want to give me is OK by me - they have not>disappopinted me in the past and I don't expect them to in the>future.>>Next thing is you will be wanting to see a screenshot of the>in-flight movie. I personally don't care if PMDG fixes these or not. We are just reminding them of some errors in the PFD which they can take in to consideration if they really want to. I'm fine either way ;)

Guest RAR_Fan

Bill,I don't think they can do screen-shots of the movie, cause of all that copyright infringement crap Hollywood likes to do to everyone!(Gosh, that would up the price of the queen $300-400 bucks?:-) Gerry

OK - here goes:1) They're round.2) You were looking at older pics.3) ?? 50/50 here. If you were looking at someone who was pitching up, you'd see more sky than ground, and vice versa ;-).4) Tilting implemented (now, if you cry wolf, for the drop of 1.5FPS on average, that's NOT my fault :-))5) Carrier option.6) Ditto. (I modified it so that CRT screens will not carry the 60-deg tick mark, while the LCD ones will).Now, let's concentrate on REAL issues ;-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest A32X

I'm glad you've aligned the compass rose. In my opinion if the real 744 numbers are aligned then so should the PMDG PFD, no matter what the cost! ;-)

Guest Robin.B

>OK - here goes:>>1) They're round.>>2) You were looking at older pics.>>3) ?? 50/50 here. If you were looking at someone who was>pitching up, you'd see more sky than ground, and vice versa>;-).>>4) Tilting implemented (now, if you cry wolf, for the drop of>1.5FPS on average, that's NOT my fault :-))>>5) Carrier option.>>6) Ditto. (I modified it so that CRT screens will not carry>the 60-deg tick mark, while the LCD ones will).>>>Now, let's concentrate on REAL issues ;-).Lefteris... You are a star :-lol and so is the PMDG developer team!!!