Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

PFD subject

Great news!Perhaps, if you're really worried about the frame rate hit, this might be made into an option?But, although it's only a cosmetic issue, I think the angled numbers look so much better that I'm willing to take the FPS hit. Thanks for implementing them!Best,Martijn

Guest Babubhai

And the standby ADI needs to be corrected. Such a small thing is bugging me so much :) please PMDG!

Guest ahmedem

Hi Lefteris,You made me feel quite guilty for pointing some of those things out in Mats' post.You have obviously put an unthinkable amount of effort into this project, and please don't think I am ignoring REAL issues, but you wouldn't want to have all your efforts marred by little niggles like an out of shape PFD.You guys set the standard for perfection we're just trying to keep up. But thanks for listening to people's comments and taking them on board, that is really appreciated.As for the carrier options, well it looks like I live and learn.Cheers,

Guest Daniel Pimentel

You have obviously put an unthinkable amount of effort into this project, and please don't think I am ignoring REAL issues, but you wouldn't want to have all your efforts marred by little niggles like an out of shape PFD.Maybe having a few lines 15-20 degrees off-angle means PMDG marred their efforts to you, but I do think it's safe to assume you're a very small minority. To be quite honest, the "bug police" that's been developing in these forums every time a shot gets posted is getting over the top. PMDG has VERY thick skin, I'm surprised Rob, Lefteris and Marc have been so professional with so many self-proclaimed desk engineers and pilots in these forums. If not for the extensive development efforts, they should be commended for allowing this to go on for so long.I think the folks in this forum need to trust PMDG a little more and enjoy the shots as previews, not to compare with the real plane and point out every little pixel that's off. If your enjoyment of the product is reduced because the white lines on the PFD are not angled correctly and far enough from one another, you're a sick puppy. :-lolJust my 2 cents on this "PFD" subject.NOTE: The last sentences are not directed at you specifically.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest aarskringspier

>You have obviously put an unthinkable amount of effort>into this project, and please don't think I am ignoring REAL>issues, but you wouldn't want to have all your efforts marred>by little niggles like an out of shape PFD.>>Maybe having a few lines 15-20 degrees off-angle means PMDG>marred their efforts to you, but I do think it's safe to>assume you're a very small minority. To be quite honest, the>"bug police" that's been developing in these forums every time>a shot gets posted is getting over the top. PMDG has VERY>thick skin, I'm surprised Rob, Lefteris and Marc have been so>professional with so many self-proclaimed desk engineers and>pilots in these forums. If not for the extensive development>efforts, they should be commended for allowing this to go on>for so long.>>I think the folks in this forum need to trust PMDG a little>more and enjoy the shots as previews, not to compare with the>real plane and point out every little pixel that's off. If>your enjoyment of the product is reduced because the white>lines on the PFD are not angled correctly and far enough from>one another, you're a sick puppy. :-lol>>Just my 2 cents on this "PFD" subject.>>NOTE: The last sentences are not directed at you>specifically.>If I could agree more I would....but I cant. The 744 is just mind blowing.

>Bill,>>I don't think they can do screen-shots of the movie, cause of>all that copyright infringement crap Hollywood likes to do to>everyone!>>GerryThanks for explaining that Gerry. Just have to possess my soul with patience to find out what the movie is. :-yellow1

>:( I think my mind was drifting again while writing that>:-lolNow... About that wine list again! :+ gustav.

>OK - here goes:>>1) They're round.>>2) You were looking at older pics.>>3) ?? 50/50 here. If you were looking at someone who was>pitching up, you'd see more sky than ground, and vice versa>;-).>>4) Tilting implemented (now, if you cry wolf, for the drop of>1.5FPS on average, that's NOT my fault :-))>>5) Carrier option.>>6) Ditto. (I modified it so that CRT screens will not carry>the 60-deg tick mark, while the LCD ones will).>>>Now, let's concentrate on REAL issues ;-).Like the dinner menu! }( Now... About that wine list again! :+ gustav.

Guest ahmedem

Sorry you guys have misunderstood me, partly my fault.Maybe marred was a little too strong in this sense, by that I certainly don't mean completely ruin the sim, it's still going to be amazing we know that and we've all repeated it on a number of occasions to all the team.The point I failed to make successfully is that given the teams effort for perfection why not take it a little bit further and make the PFD perfect, it was an observation that's been taken a little out of proportion in my defence.I simply spotted something that looked a little off to me and pointed it out. If Lefteris chooses to fix it I am very grateful if, as was the case, I was wrong and Lefteris said it then nothing doing we all get on with our lives.Far from trying find faults with their work I'm simply trying to contribute, even if it be in this small insignificant way, if PMDG aren't interested then they can say so and I can keep my comments to myself. I hope I haven't offended any of the team, it's not my intention to do so.

Ahmed-no offense taken, I assure you.It can be a little straining, at times, for all of us developers, to have to read about niggling little details that, out of context, would seem just annoyances, but I ASSURE you - we read everything, and take everything into consideration. Whether we choose to implement each suggestion, though, is a different story.I did some more testing on those tilting numbers, and they drop FPS quite significantly, when in the VC (where all 6 displays are present), so I am making it an option in our Styles menu.Thanks, everyone, and keep pointing those out to us. We might not reply to each individual post, but we will keep reading them.(Do us a favor tho: First, try to search through the forum and see if there were a discussion - or three - about those topics, before posting - it gets a little boring to read the same things over and over sometimes).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris!You are the man!Good luck with the loose ends!All the best!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I have to second Babubhai (again) regarding the standby ADI. Any chance you guys will take another look at it?

Guest ahmedem

Thanks Lefteris.:-)