Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taylor Dumont

747 Landing Pic please...

Guest Taylor Dumont

Hello BETA testers,I was just wondering if one of you kind lads ;) could post a screen of the PMDG 747 landing from the cockpit view, say abou the middle or inner marker or so? Reason being is i just want to see if you can land this plane visually with the runway insite the whole time while on final or if this is one of those like some of the freeware 747's i have where you end up losing sight of the runway because the plane descends too fast so you're flying down the gs at +10 degrees to keep her on the glidepath. Hope this isnt too confusing!Thank you in advance!Taylor

This is not "like one of those freeware 747s" - I'll try to take a pic for you with the latest beta tonight...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Taylor Dumont

Thank you very much. Im pretty sure this isnt just like a freeware either (especially because i heard we cant just t/o on an 18hr flight and go to sleep anymore...lot more things have to be done i guess? I was just meaning the view...as im sure most of us have had to land a plane where we lost sight of the runway because we had to pitch the nose so high to keep the plane from -2000 FPM on final!Thank you, again, in advance!Taylor

Guest Knikolaes

Taylor,A lot of folks will agree this is a major factor in flying in FS. I know what you mean from the cockpit view thing. I am sure in real life 747 piltos do not stare at the sky for the last few seconds of their flight.I look forward to that screenshot as well, though I can tell already from their other VC shots that she will be very pleasent insofar as the "eyepoints" and views. :-)

Guest ahmedem

Just can't beat a good ol' LAND3. Awesome.

Guest Knikolaes

VERY very nice **smiles**Just as good "over the nose" structure as LDS did with their 767 (which is one thing that has me addicted to flying circuits with that AC). I love it. Great work.By the way, is that dynamic shine in the VC? If so VERY nice texturing there!!!!!As for the scenery, you must be using Ultimate Terrain. Am I right? Very ncie stuff that is. I just got UT USA and UT Canada and combined with FSGenesis makes for sweet approaches and VFR flying.

Guest flybywr

There is a mark on the window post on the left that we use to align our seat position. The VC seems a bit nose low to me...but over all pretty nice. I could take a picture when we are "on approach" if you like for comparision.

Guest AJ

>There is a mark on the window post on the left that we use to>align our seat position. The VC seems a bit nose low to>me...but over all pretty nice. I could take a picture when we>are "on approach" if you like for comparision.Keep in mind that you can adjust the seat height in the VC to whatever feels more real/more comfortable.Andrew

Guest flybywr

I was just offering to take a picture in the real one for comparison purposes. I fly to Japan tomorrow.The pictures I have seen so far are just terrific...well done.

Hello Mr. FlyBywire. Could you be so kind as to take those pictures you've mentioned just so that we may compare our future plane to the real deal? Unless you're the PF for the landing of course! Thanks for the offer. BTW I agree that it looks a bit nose down on the VC... but I really don't mind (I'm not your average nitpicker); just pointing it out. Regards, Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

It seems to look nose down only because the viewpoint is different. the view is looking downward towards the panel because the panel is straight up infront of you, so the perspective is a little different.

Guest glenb

Ryan,Great shots. I can

Guest ToMy Li

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! THANKS FOR SHOW 2D PICS!!!! :-jumpy

Guest A32X

POST CONTENT REMOVED BECAUSE POST DID NOT COMPLY WITH FORUM GUIDELINES. -RSR