Sign in to follow this  
Guest NorthPilot

Copilot option (NOT FSNet) difficult?

Guest NorthPilot

Hi,I am wondering, is it very difficult to program copilot option in an panel?By copilot option I mean possibility to have two players (both with purchased e.g. PMDG 747) interact on same flight (i.e. have PF and NPF where NPF can do the radios, etc. and it would reflect on PFs side).This would open completely new realms of simulation in my opinion. Finally checklists would be realistic challenge and respond, MCC comes in mind, failures would be different story, etc.I have no clue how difficult this is, thus I am asking. If I would like to see any new feature in PMDG in future it would be this :)Have a nice flight!Aleksandar

Guest pellelil

YES that is VERY difficult. Internally a plane like PMDG's B747 is simulating A LOT of different systemes where you need to keep track of every little aspect of each system. On top of this you will have to throw in the difficulty would would have to "fight MSFS". All those systems you are simulating will have to be kept in sync with the limited simulation that MSFS already has for these systems -Trust me I did this years ago with an extreemly simple 747 EICAS display, where I was simulating some systems in order to show the various EICAS displays. What I did was all "smoke and fake mirrors" whereas PMDG is fully commited only do things if they can do it well - and I am sure they have pulled it off (can't wait ).As of now all this is contained within one single PC, and even here it can be VERY defficult (as outlined above). If you want to have one pilot as PF and another as PNF you suddenly need to keep 2 PCs in sync with all these systems and the complexity that was VERY difficult before suddenly becomes almost impossible.I am sure that at some point you will see planes with the complexity of the Queen that can be flown by 2 people, however I am also sure taht this feature has been planed and build into the product from day one, it not some small add on to a product that wasn't ment to be used for that purpose.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Guest NorthPilot

Thanks for the reply Pelle! I suspected it was difficult. I can only hope that some day it will become plausible to do it :)Have a nice flight!Aleksandar