Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yvon

Entering routes in fmc

Guest Yvon

Hello everyone, Well,i would appreciate if someone could help me to enter routes in fmc.I ve created flt pln with fs build 2 and i cant manage to enter the routes but only way points.Here s what i do:create flt pln from lfpo(Orly) to lfbd (Bordeaux) i first enter both sid an star.Star PTV9v ends at ptv and then i should fly to pirog way point which is on rte un 857 so i enter pirog on lsk right and get "direct" on lsk left then when i want to replace direct by un857 i get

Guest robhowe

Yvon,Have you got the latest AIRAC data fromhttp://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.phpI was having similar problems until I downloaded the data, then everything was OK. I can now enter airways on the left side of the route page.

Guest skefford

Yvon,When you start up the FMC, it should tell you which AIRAC cycle is in use. If the route you want is not in that AIRAC, then you can't use it.Steve

Guest Yvon

Thank you for your answer.Yes,FMC confirms it' s working with 0506 aircacs.It is amaizing that it recognizes the route un 857 if entered alone into

Guest Yvon

Thank you for your reply,yes i have 0506 airac in fmc,but as i said in another message in fact,route un 857 is known in fmc database as it comes on an empty left lsk line but won t live with a way point!!!very strange but in the meantime plane will unfortunately not fly or at least over this route... Cheers, Yvon

Guest glenb

Yvon,It looks like you are caught up it the problem of the database in MSFS is about 5 years old and the new AIRAC Cycle and SIDSTAR files for PMDG are up to date. The new cycle will have all the changes made in the last five years. Also all the airports are not in the SIDSTAR database. I could not find LFPO so there is no SID in the database unless you add it from a download from NAVDATA or other source. There are procedures for LFPO at http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php PIROG is not in the wpNavRTE.txt file as a part of UN857 or any other airway.I hope this at least explains why you are having a problem.

Guest Yvon

Thank you Glen for your reply.Well,in fact i have downloaded both sid and star for lpo and lfbd and had them copied into pmdg,fmc knows them then.But the problem is biggest than i thought because i cannot select any route with way point except with tutorial flight eddh/eddm!Perhaps shoud i re-install pmdg ? Yvon

Guest Yvon

Well,this should be nice if one of you could try to enter following flt plan in his pmdg 737 800 fmc and report if he met any problem . Dep LFPO ORLY FRANCE ARR LFBD BORDEAUX FRANCE LFPO PTV9V SID PTV UN857 LMG LMG4 LFBDattn lfpo star to be downloaded from navdata.at Thank you for your help. Yvon

Guest glenb

Yvon,The fix PTV is not a part of UN857. LMG is.Look in the file wpNavRTE.txtIt is inC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATAin my system.Search for PTV to see which airways it is a part of.Let me know what you find.

Guest Yvon

Well,i've had a search inside fmccwp and your are quite right PTV is def not part of un 857 however,on maps PTV is vor (116,50) located N48.09.20 E 02.15.53 shwown at the crossing of UN857/B31/UM728 and some others.By the way do you know if it is possible to import wpts inside a route in this wpNavRTE.text file? Many thanks for your interest . Ps:are you fsbuild 2 user ? Yvon

Guest glenb

Yvon,No I do not use FS Build. I have had similar problems which are caused by the fact that we do not have

Some airways are one-way which can cause 'invalid entry' i believe. Ross

Guest glenlee

Have you updated the airac for fsbuild as well?You need to update both the airac in PMDG and the AIRAC in FSBUILD2 to be the same version. Sometimes there are small changes to routes which change the names of waypoints or even move them into completely different routes/airways.If the FSBUILD airac is updated to the same (found at fsbuilc.com and not at navdata.at) you may need to re-build the database from within fsbuild to make sure any changes are up to date.Also, if you are not already doing so, you can automatically export the route you create in fsbuild so that you just type in the route title (i.e. lfpolfbd exactly like this as that is what fsbuild will call it when it exports it) and enter it into the route name fields in the PMDG FMC (don't enter the individual ICAO codes into the top fields as they will fill in automatically)If you do it this way the route page should have the airways and crossing waypoints already in.Last tip......don't bother including the sid/star when you plan/export the route as it can get a bit messy if you need to change runways. Just use the first/last main waypoint that you will get to when you use the SID/STARHope this helps.Glen Lee

I don't know why this happens but I sometimes get "invalid entry" as well but only if I have put in an ext entry at the destination runway. It let me create a FAF at whatever distance I choose (say 10nm) at the departure end if it is a non ILS equiped runway. Then when I go to the RTE page and try to enter the airway to a particular fix I will get that invalid entry message. To get around it LSK the route number BELOW the intended spot on the left and it actually places it above it in the correct place next to the correct way point. Don't ask why - it does seem to work.Gerry

Guest Yvon

Hello Glen, Yes flying from wpt to wpt is less realist but as for me i think i m doing everything to excess!but i agree with you thoses files we are using for nothing would cost a lot in officals forms.Yes sid PTV9V is issued by FSBUILD 2 but i ve discovered that some of their datas are not reliable it should be PTV1V as shown on charts at www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr I ve suscribed for route finder and i think it s nice for flt plans altough i find charting a little imprecise. Yvon