Sign in to follow this  
Guest mfelicio

The biggest commercial flight of one 747!!

Guest mfelicio

The biggest comerial flight is between KORD/VHHH (United Airlines). Somebody knows a flight bigger that this?Mauricio

Guest Robin.B

Wasn't the longest KLAX-YSSY?

Guest socal

hello,the greatest flight is KSEA/REUNION into 777 Boby,

Guest nobody291

Continental does Newark - Hong Kong using a 777...the great circle distance is about 300 miles longer than Chicago - Hong Kong. I believe Singapore Airlines just recently started non-stop service between Singapore and both Los Angeles and Newark using an A340-500. Singapore to Newark is nearly 8300 NM (more than 1000 NM longer than Newark - Hong Kong)...I believe that's the longest non-stop operated by a scheduled airline. EDIT: LAX-SYD is a little shorter than ORD-HKG

Guest Robin.B

He was talking about 747 flights ;)

Guest neeraj.pendse

I thought it was London-Sydney?- Neeraj?

Guest mfelicio

>He was talking about 747 flights ;)exactly

>I thought it was London-Sydney?>>- Neeraj?Key word there is "was". I don't believe that route is done non-stop anymore.I believe the intial poster is correct. In the little time I searched, I couldn't find anything longer using a 747.

Guest captaingrice

Has London - Sydney ever been operated directly?Steve?

Guest nobody291

>He was talking about 747 flights ;)d'oh...ok, guess I should read the subject line closer.Then, yes, ORD-HKG is the longest as far as I know. I doubt a 747 ever operated LHR-SYD in scheduled service...it's nearly 9200 NM great circle distance between the airports.EDIT: for a short period (pre-9/11) UAL operated JFK-HKG with a 747. That's about 200 NM longer than ORD-HKG.

>Has London - Sydney ever been operated directly?>>Steve?Not as a fully operational service. QF once did a 744 delivery via LHR and it went direct to SYD...but of course it had no pax, cargo, food and so on so it had the range to do it :)Henry

Athlon 64-bit 3400, 1Gb Corsair DDR, 160/80 Gb SATA HDs, HIS ATI Radeon X800 XT PE ICEQ II, Audigy 2 ZS 7.1

http://www.airline-images.co.uk

Guest mariner75

What about NWA from JFK to Tokyo?

KORD-VHHH : 7794 nmEGLL-RJAA : 5974 nmKJFK-RJAA : 6745 nmKLAX-YSSY : 7488 nmKEWR-VHHH : 8065 nmNewark wins by 271 nm!!!Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Actually, Newark looses :)747 routes my friendCheers!

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi