Sign in to follow this  
Guest david248

When Doing AutoLand DUAL!! Do you Flare Manualy or does A/P do it.

Guest david248

When I do my autoland in the 737's I have to Touch the Aircraft down Manualy. Everything Is right. I mean both A/P's are exstinguished. I just don't know if this is correct. Does the Pilot Flare and touch the aircraft down manualy. The aircraft like lets me move it around at about 50 FT. I just don't understand. Thanks for the help.:)Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

Guest Robin.B

If you have set both of the NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies to the ILS Freq of the runway, if you're using Both of the Autopilots together with APP, thus doing an autoland, the aircraft will flare itself. If set up correctly, you should see a mode called "Flare" under "G/S" on the PFD, and the FLare will become active at 50ft...

Guest pierre974

I agree with Robin.Just after landing, you have to disconnect the autopilots and then control the rollout.I love this plane...

Guest david248

>If you have set both of the NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies to the>ILS Freq of the runway, if you're using Both of the Autopilots>together with APP, thus doing an autoland, the aircraft will>flare itself. If set up correctly, you should see a mode>called "Flare" under "G/S" on the PFD, and the FLare will>become active at 50ft...I swere I have been doing that. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Shoot Shoot. I did the Fmc stuff. Stars, Sids, Trans. I just don't understand. I am really mad. I swere I do all this stuff ILS frequincies, Headings, Both A/P's and even I see the G/s on white till it hits it then it go green, Also the FLARE is WHITE and then 50FT it lets me take control. Please Rob, I think you can help me. Thanks everyone though. :)Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

Guest Robin.B

What exactly do you mean by "It lets you take control" ? You mean it disengages the autopilot? Can you take a screenshot of you at 40ft so we can see what's happening?

Guest david248

>What exactly do you mean by "It lets you take control" ? You>mean it disengages the autopilot? >>Can you take a screenshot of you at 40ft so we can see what's>happening?I can take a screenshot on Sunday evening, Right now I am in Lexington, Michigan for a Vacation Trip. I think the A/P shuts off if I am not Misstaken. The aircraft just lets me take it from 50Ft I mean it actualy might shut off. I will take a chance and say it does shut off when I hit 50Ft, So what can I do to stop the A/P Shutdown? I will take a shot on Sunday. I will post right back in this little Forum Tab. Thanks alot guys. If anyone seems to have the same problem I would'nt mind help. Until Sunday. Thanks Rob. I hope to hear from you again today. Thanks :) If the A/P stays on we have a issue. :(Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

>Also the FLARE is WHITE and then 50FT it lets me take control.Have you let the NG land after 50ft? If you push hard enough on the controls the autopilot will always let you take back control of the aircraft. By moving the controls the airplane is assuming that as Pilot In Command (PIC) you are "commanding" to take control for a good reason. Remember this is a Boeing not an Airbus. Boeing does not design airplanes that assume they are smarter than the PIC. :-)Now ducking for cover! :-lol

Guest Ross

>>Also the FLARE is WHITE and then 50FT it lets me take>control.>>Have you let the NG land after 50ft? If you push hard enough>on the controls the autopilot will always let you take back>control of the aircraft. By moving the controls the airplane>is assuming that as Pilot In Command (PIC) you are>"commanding" to take control for a good reason. Remember this>is a Boeing not an Airbus. Boeing does not design airplanes>that assume they are smarter than the PIC. :-)>>Now ducking for cover! :-lol>>and duck you should sir, duck you should! ;-)

Guest david248

>>>Also the FLARE is WHITE and then 50FT it lets me take>>control.>>>>Have you let the NG land after 50ft? If you push hard>enough>>on the controls the autopilot will always let you take back>>control of the aircraft. By moving the controls the>airplane>>is assuming that as Pilot In Command (PIC) you are>>"commanding" to take control for a good reason. Remember>this>>is a Boeing not an Airbus. Boeing does not design airplanes>>that assume they are smarter than the PIC. :-)>>>>Now ducking for cover! :-lol>>>>>>and duck you should sir, duck you should! ;-) Ha, Well next time, I will get a Screenshot in and also I will see if the aircraft actualy lands it self. Thanks for that. I think you just gave me a Knock in the head and said, " Hello, David Wake Up." Thanks and I can't wait to get home on Sunday. :) People please keep the replys comming. Anything you think could be the problem please post. :)Thanks,Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

Guest christianholmes

Not sure there buddy-What happens if you don't intervene? It should slap itself down on it's own. When you say "both A/Ps are extinguished"- when? Does the mode switch to "Flare" before touchdown?Might want to check the aft HTF detractor switch- make sure it's set to JKO and not RETURN.

Guest david248

>Not sure there buddy->>What happens if you don't intervene? It should slap itself>down on it's own. When you say "both A/Ps are extinguished"->when? Does the mode switch to "Flare" before touchdown?>>Might want to check the aft HTF detractor switch- make sure>it's set to JKO and not RETURN.May I ask where the HTF Detractor is located? Thanks :) This world has so many kind people. :)Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

FYI, once the aircraft is on the ground, it is up to the PIC to take over. The NG's autopilot does not have ground steering capability for roll-out.

Guest david248

Well, How about this.. If someone could do this, It would rock so much. I would'nt mind a Video of a AUTO LANDING for this NG aircraft. The whole Landing from Long Final. Please. Frenchhornplayer@twmi.rr.com Is my email address. I would be so glad. Thanks everyone. :)Davidhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

Guest Robin.B

David I will try to make you one... Hang tight for a day or two if you can :)

Guest pierre974

Actually, Boeing and Airbus have two different visions of the market and also two different philosophies when it comes to Autopilot...That's a long and interesting debate:-wink2