Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

EGLL R/W 09R

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Every time I try a BUZAD 3 departure from this runway, there is a gap (ie, no magenta line)in the route between the aircraft on the runway and the first w/p (LON 03, I think). (There isn't any discos) I've got the latest Airac and SIDS/STARS, but it did this with previous nav data. Any ideas on how to correct it - it only seems to happen with this SID and this r/w, r/w 27R or 27L is fine. Anybody any ideas please ?

Guest glenb

Dave,I can not find a SID BUZAD3 or any BUZAD SID. There is a fix BUZAD and if that is the first fix there would be a gap. Choose a SID such as BUZ3J which ends at BUZAD.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Glen,Thanks, I'm using the right SID (from Simon Butler's list - its the BUZAD 3J shown on plate AD 2 EGLL -6-4 - 02 Sept 04) and it does end at BUZAD. The gap appears between the runway and the start of the SID (first waypoint) which is a little odd. It only happens with runway 09R - I might try a SID with a right turn departure to somewhere south tonight to see if its the same.

Hello DaveI have just set up at EGLL 09R, with the Buzard3J departure loaded, and get a complete magenta line, with both the -700 and -900. Flying the sid in the -900 the magenta line disappeared for a few seconds then returned during take off. Are you managing to get to 580ft before LON D2? if not this may be causing the problem?Check you have the latest version of my file, if still having some problems please email me a screenshot, my email address is in the file.Simon

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Hi Simon,Good to hear from you again. I'm at work so will check over the weekend. I would have thought 580ft by LON D2 ought to be easy but i'll check. Thing is on mine, the line isn't there at all.I'll try and get a screenshot.have a good weekend.

Guest glenb

Dave,I found the BUZ3J SID and it shows no break from 09R to the fix BUZAD.The fixes in the FMC(580)(LON-2)(LON73)DO74J(INTC)BIG20BIG25BIG30BUZADThe SID from EGLL.txt UPDATED 15/04/2005 BY Simon ButlerSID BUZ3J RNW 09R KEEP HDG UNTIL 580 KEEP HDG UNTIL 2 FROM NAVAID LON HDG 053 UNTIL RADIAL 073 FROM NAVAID LON NAVAID D074J AT OR ABOVE 3000 HDG 65 INTERCEPT RADIAL 334 FROM NAVAID BIG FIX BIG20 AT OR ABOVE 4000 FIX BIG25 AT OR ABOVE 5000 FIX BIG30 6000 NAVAID BUZADDon

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Glen,Thanks - family commitments prevented me from flying again this weekend so i'll check it out again and get a screenie if I can soon.

try updating the navdata if you haven't already

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Guys,Thanks - don't waste any time on it - I tried it twice last night and it worked fine. I'l try and get a screenie if it happens again.