Sign in to follow this  
Guest LO006

Tilting bogies

Guest LO006

I did use the search function and found no topics on this but I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm a long time looker just never posted and I must say that the queen is looking superb. The only question I'm having is does it have tiliting bogies. I know a few Freeware companys made them and LDS said the 767 does have them (but it's barely noticable) and I just think it would be great to see those 747 bogies tilt. -Konrad Dlugowski

Guest AJ

Oh, I see. We will have to wait for the beta testers or PMDG people to answer that one. Andrew

Hi Konrad,Yes, the the PMDG 747-400 has tilting bogies, and yes, they are animated so that they stay flat on the ground, and tilt when the aircraft is rotating, landing, and even when the airplane leans forward while braking. The mechanism behind the tilting bogies is rather complex, but the result is a smooth and fluid, realistic animation.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...s_Animation.gifBest,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest LO006

Oh man that's amazing. I'm definatly buying this thing when it comes out.

Guest captaingrice

I agree, that is totally amazing! Steve.

Guest ahmedem

And that my friend is the first motion image of the QOS I've seen, cool!

Guest technobie

That is AWESOME!!! Thanks for the .gif Vin!Chris Driveretherspeed@nc.rr.netKRDU_______________________System Specs:CPU: AMD 3500+ 939Mobo: Soltek K8TProMemory: 512MBx2 Crucial Balistix CAS=2Case, PSU and Cooling : Rosewill R114A 400W, standard cooling HD: Hitachi 160GB SATAGraphics: nVidia 6600Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Limited Edition THXMonitor: Dell 20" Wide Aspect Flat PanelOS: WinXP Prohttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Robin.B

Vin, you guys have AMAZINGLY outdone yourselves once again! This is going to be the add-on that will TOTALLY REVOLUTIONIZE the way we think of FS2004!!!Thanks a great deal for your efforts to answer our questions, and nice gif :)

Guest Robin.B

I don't like the way LDS 767's landing gear works. When you flare and the main bogies touch the ground, they instantly become flat, and stay up in the air until you're fully on the ground. It looks a little weird, just like the PSS A330/A340 series...

i have to confess, this little animation made me think it was an edited video from a real-life take-off.Now i am really convinced.All the bestHolger

POSKY A/C have that weird look aswell but you have to know that this is realy complex to develope...I guess. ;)

Guest LO006

eh tam. to nie bylo trudne pytania. ;) and thanks vin for taking time to make that gif.