Sign in to follow this  
Guest trfoxsail

STARs

Guest trfoxsail

Hi all...I tried the tutorial 737NG (800) flight that is on PMDG's website,. It is a flight from KDEN to KLAX. I have tried it several times, but I get a route disconinuity everytime. This is probably because I have to use a different approach (STAR) than the one in the tutorial (CIVET4), which has caused me alot of frustration due to the fact that I have downloaded the updated SID/STAR database (just did it last night- unzipped it into the SID/STAR folder of PMDG file in FS9....was that correct?) and several of the KLAX STARs are still missing. I followed ALL instructions to the letter in the tutorial, and even though I entered a different STAR than CIVET4, I still used a star with CIVET as the transition. Again, route discontinuity. I suppose if I had CIVET4 in my database, I could see if the error was in my selection of the STAR I used (I don't remember exactly which one it was, although it had CIVET as the transition, so I figured it would work.)I can't seem to get the tutorial to work without CIVET4....can anyone help?

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Not sure exactly what your problem is or who you are ! (you're supposed to sign your name). Is your problem that you don't know hoe to get rid of a disco ? if so do the following. You will nearly always get a disco when entering a route. Simply in the Rte Page, hit the delete key and then hit the LSK next to the line with the disco in it, and bingo - it disappears. Press execute and that's it. Alternatively press the LSK button against the waypoint below the disco to put it into the scratchpad and then press the LSK just before the disco and that will do it as well.

Guest trfoxsail

Dave,Sorry for not posting my name ...my name is Tim, and the question I have is this...Why is it that the tutorial that I have (which is a flight from KDEN to KLAX)for the PMDG 737-NG not work for me? I have downloaded EVERYTHING that it said to, and I have followed the instructions to the letter. It does not work...as far as the discontinuity goes, that was a DIRECT result of following the instructions in the tutorial. I downloaded the recent SID/STARS from the PMDG website, but still none were present for CIVET4, which is the STAR used in the tutorial. Why write a tutorial for a STAR that is not present? If I have to make it myself, then include that in the tutorial, right? But alas, it is not.I have followed the tutorial, as best I can, and still no CIVET4, and two discontinuities. I just want to know what gives? After spending the money I have on this plane, I have grown frustrated as #%$$ at the fact that I cannot get the tutorial that was written for it to work, as doing is the best way of learning...A very frustrated Tim

Tim,As Dave says, clearing discontinuities is not usually a big deal. You should be able to clear them simply by pressing the lsk for the waypoint after the disco and then pressing the lsk next to the disco to overwrite it.The sid/star file for KLAX available for download at www.navdata.com does include a CIVET4 arrival. You can either download airports individually or all available in one hit. When installing, I generally only overwrite older files.The PMDG sid/star database is great, but by no means complete.Don't give up, mate - you'll get there.regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest staang

Hi Tim>I downloaded the recent>SID/STARS from the PMDG website, but still none were present>for CIVET4, which is the STAR used in the tutorial. There seems to be something else going on (FMC programming error or 737 install error) as I just checked the 0507 cycle and CIVET4 is there at KLAX. I double checked by loading the 737 and saw that CIVET4 did show up as an available STAR. To verify your procedures file look at the KLAX.txt file in the PMDGSidstars folder and you should see CIVET4 in the STARs section.RegardsTerry

Guest franksalot

Hi Terry,Where did you get Navdata Cycle 0507? I can only get Cycle 0506, as the guys at Navdata have been on holiday and say they would "jump" Cycle 0507.KenSomerset, England

Guest Zapper

Hi Tim,It is easy to be frustrated as you guys are very closely emulating (I no longer use the word simulating reagrding the PMDG 737-800) what it takes to fly the real aeroplane. With that in mind and the amount of training we do I feel you are all doing an amazing job of getting your head around a state of the art aeronautical conveyance that took me years and years so don't despair :)Is it just that demo flight you have problems with or others as well?This may help:When I was a lad :D I wrote a guide to help me learn the real aeroplane when I first flew the 737 as an Effoh and am still doing them today for every time I fly another Companys aeroplane (am flying the Polynesian Airlines 737-800 at the moment on secondment from Pacific Blue).I saw a need for a similar guide for you desktop jocks and so modified my original guide for Pacfic Blue ops on the NG to suit the PMDG sim. It is available on my homepage and I hope you may find it of some use.It has been translated into a number of languages and even Hebrew :DBest Regards,