Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dreamliner

how many types of models will you make for the queen?

Guest Dreamliner

as you know, there're many different types of 747-400:747-400747-400Combi747-400Cargo747-400D747-400ER747-400SFi know the exterior models of a -400ER and a -400 are almost the same, but it will be much more interesting if we can also fly some cargo queens in the sky.. :)thanks the PMDG team:)

Guest LO006

1) You could have used the search function. But Ill save you :-P.2) From my understanding all we're gona get is the -400, -400D, and I'm guessing the -400ER since there is no need to change the model. The Cargo varient might be an Update in the future.

Guest Matthew Murray

Just a lurker, I am sure if you had used the search function of this form you would have found your answer. PMDG have staed that they will be doing the -400, -400D, -400F, and -400M. I don't know what packages will contain what - I am sure PMDG can update you on that, or use the search function. PMDG haven't said if they will be modelling the -400ER, or -400ERF.Matthew Murray

Guest LO006

Yea they havn't said that they would be modelling the -400ER but the only thing to my knowledge that would be needed to make the ER is to add a fuel tank in the aircraft.cgf (I'm not too sure of the fuel tank config in 747's). It isn't hard to do really.

Guest Matthew Murray

There are many more changes than that between the 'standard' -400 and the -400ER :)It would take PMDG considerable time to model the -400ER's ystems correctly - which is why I doubt they will include it. However, never say never :)Matthew Murray

>Yea they havn't said that they would be modelling the -400ER>but the only thing to my knowledge that would be needed to>make the ER is to add a fuel tank in the aircraft.cgf (I'm not>too sure of the fuel tank config in 747's). It isn't hard to>do really. Along with a new fuel panel for the extra pump switches and fuel logic. Modified EICAS and Secondary EICAS displays and a modified FMC routine to account for the extra fuel variables. Not quite as easy as it sounds. ;) I'm sure that's not all.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest LO006

whoops forgot about the systems.I was only thinking model wise.

Guest mattiassjolund

Hi,I never got the difference between 400, -400D and -400M. Can anyone help me out here?Mattias SjolundBAV 1188

Guest flight78

400D has no winglets and is used for domestic flying mostly in japan on very hig density routes. 400M has a large cargo compartment in the back of the plane which makes so it can carry alot more more cargo but at the same time alot less passengers.Then we have the original 400 with winglets and all that which most airlines use. Hope it helped u somewhat.Best regards:Alexander

Guest mattiassjolund

Alexander,Thank you... The -400M, Do you know what airlines who has that in its fleet?Kind regardsMattias SjolundBAV 1188

Guest normanvdm

KLM has a bunch of them and I believe Air France too.Cheerio,Norm

Guest alexhn

PMDG have stated that they aren't modelling the ER with this package, because some of the systems and mathematics need to almost be redone.

>Yea they havn't said that they would be modelling the -400ER>but the only thing to my knowledge that would be needed to>make the ER is to add a fuel tank in the aircraft.cgf (I'm not>too sure of the fuel tank config in 747's). It isn't hard to>do really. This airplane has the most complex fuel system model ever attempted - you don't even use the FS fuel menu to set fuel for the plane. It is nowhere near as simple as some aircraft.cfg entries man!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com