Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Beta Testers - takeoff derate question

Hello all,I have lurked here for probably a year now but have a somewhat itching question I would like to ask. I am creating a spreadsheet for flight planning (etc takeoff derates, fuel) etc., and was going to kind of base it around the PMDG 747. What I was wondering was if any of you had noticed what the fixed derates are in the FMC under the THRUST LIM page (eg TO1 or TO2)? None of you have probably noticed though, it such a small detail. Maybe I'll have to wait and see.Hope this isn't too sillier question!Cheers,VHOJT.

> (eg TO1 or TO2)? I think they are 5% and 15% respectively. Michael J.

Hello,In the B744, the following fixed derated values are available- TO1 (thrust reduction 5%) - arms CLB1 (thrust reduction till 10.000 feet 10%)- TO2 (thrust reduction 15%) - arms CLB2 (thrust reduction till 10.000 feet 20%)Hope this helps Michel

Guest hlm65

Hello,the NWA AOM (PW4056 engines) says that D-TO1 has a 8 % reduction from the full rated thrust. They don't use D-TO2.

Hi Enrico,When the term D-TO1 is used normally then the assumed temp method is used.(variable) TO1 and TO2 are fix reduction values. It could be that it's an company related thing as so many.B. Rgds Michel

what about the simultaneous use of both the derate option and assumed temperature? any use/advantage for such method? Is it possible and used in RW?

Guest hlm65

Hi Michel,the D-TO1 in NWA is fixed. The assumed temp methos goes under the D-TO (without numbers). And yes, I assume it's company realted.

Guest flybywr

You are correct, a variable assumed temp is not used at NWA. Derate is used as described in this forum. We can use a "flex" temp of 38* however which can be used for example with D "TO" 1 flex 38* or TO (which is full power) flexed to 38*.Kindly,flyby

flyby,You were promising some real-life 744 panel view shots from your recent Japan bound flight to compare with PMDG's VC. I haven't forgot ..;)Michael J.

Guest flybywr

I have 25 or so pictures ...I am on a layover in MSP (home)right now. How do I post them here? I took many pictures from the cockpit...some great ones as we flew over ANC the other day...and some terrific sunrise ones right over Vancover island and SEA yesterday. I leave for Tokyo again tomorrow and can take more if people are interested. Mike...since you seem to be the big gun around here...can you help me with instructions on how to post them if people want them? Thanks

You can send them to me using email (do not try to include all of them in a single email) and I will do the rest ...My email : pa747nmichal@gmail.com (please remove the 747 part)Thanks,Michael J.

Guest flybywr

They are 5 meg each. I am sending now. Please let me know what you guys would like to see. I am still on my trip and can take more if you like.Kindly,flyby

>I am still on my trip and can take more if you like.>>Kindly,>>flybyYou're on the internet in the air ?!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer