Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Five Quick Questions

Guest A32X

1) Can we change the barometric setting on the standby altimeter?2) Will the PFD compass rose be altered so that the circle itself is narrower in width and taller in height?3) How accurate/complex are the failures. For example can a single gear/section of flap fail to extend and what information do the EICAS displays show in such conditions?4) From a previous post, how does one load fuel for a flight?5) Can some failures be fixed just by resetting a switch, like an AC bus failure?PaulP.S. I think we are all hoping for another weekend update if not this one, then next. :-)

Guest A32X

6) Anychance of a steering tiller?Paul:-newbie

Guest A32X

7) On the PFD should the hash infront of the altitude read out (below 10,000feet) not be the same colour as the green annunicating LNAV for example? Maybe a customer option?Regards,Paul

Can i make a suggestion?Rather than asking all these questions why not suprise yourself and just wait for the release of the 747:-hmmm The more questions we ask the more the team are gonna be distracted and the longer the testing will take!Finally, in relation to your fuel question, i believe if you look throught the procedding pages you will find the answer - Hope this helps:-hah

Guest A32X

Personally I don't mind waiting for this add-on, what's the great rush? Hopefully too the questions forum users ask can often help the development team to add/understand what features simmers want and also point out inaccuracies, although there are very few, of course. Because of such questions being ask the geometry of the PFD changed. Regards,Paul

Guest keringordon

Can I make a suggestion?YOU surprise yourself waiting for the release - we'd like to know before we buy.Finally, in relation to your fuel comment, I believe it's polite to PROVIDE a link to the answer if you're going to quote from it. It's also polite (and requested) that you sign your name to your post on these boards.

Guest keringordon

Thanks for the link Jamie!Indeed, the questions at the lead of this thread are relevant and 1,3,4 and 7 are probably things the BETA testers themselves are testing as they ready the queen.

Not to worry matey:-smile12 Are you itching to fly this bird as much as i am?RegardsJamie:-kewl

Guest keringordon

>Are you itching to fly this bird as much as i am?LOL, of course! I'm interested to see how much is on par with the real thing...

>I'm interested to see how much is on par with the real thing...Are you a current pilot on the B744?Jamie

Guest keringordon

Not yet.

Guest A32X

I think you've given me the wrong link Jamie as that doesn't answer my question. ;-)

Guest BoeingFreak

Aircraft menu and fuelThen put in how much fuel you want??

No,The 747's fuel loader is part of the PMDG menu - it's a new feature that LK developed and you tell it how much fuel your flight plan requires and hit OK. It loads the correct amount into each tank and sets the overhead crossfeed and pump switches correctly for that fuel config. The 744's fuel tanks don't work like the NG's where you just fill wings and a center tank - it's far more complicated with multiple tanks and pumps all over.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com