Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

How will the release be coordinated

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Do you think PMDG will release the queen on a weekday thus minimising the likelyhood of huge amounts of traffic causing their website performance to be significantly compromised or possibly crash?Haha, if I recall correctly the NG was released very late at night, so all the hardcores pulled an all-nighter to get it. :-lol The rest of us got it the morning after. So I suppose that's one way of distributing the "load".I think that, if like me, everyone is checkiing the PMDG website thrice a day, the release day, weather it be a weekday or weekend would be irrelevant?Not all of us are doing that... It's pretty much common sense that it won't magically pop up without any hints... Start checking when those come here on the forums. No point in checking before that. ;)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>clarifying that i am not requesting or pressurising the team>for a release date because they will release their product>when they are happy with it;-) >>I am just wanting to ask a member of the team, presuming they>have a spare minute, how will the release be coordinated. >Once again i am only asking and not pressurising the team and>if tey are happy to comment i would be very grateful, if not,>well thats life!x:-) No offence...but why is everyone treating the pmdg team like royalty?!?!? They are only designing a bit of software!Some people save lives for a living! I bet you don't go a** licking them!!!Its pathetic!RMA

Guest Daniel Pimentel

So, what do you suggest, treating them like crap? Just wondering. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>>>clarifying that i am not requesting or pressurising the team>>for a release date because they will release their product>>when they are happy with it;-) >>>>I am just wanting to ask a member of the team, presuming>they>>have a spare minute, how will the release be coordinated. >>>Once again i am only asking and not pressurising the team>and>>if tey are happy to comment i would be very grateful, if>not,>>well thats life!x:-) >>>No offence...but why is everyone treating the pmdg team like>royalty?!?!? >>They are only designing a bit of software!>>Some people save lives for a living! I bet you don't go a**>licking them!!!>>Its pathetic!>>RMA What's "pathetic" is how some people post worthless non helpful/meaningless replys and show no respect for the owners of this forum by not signing their names. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Robin.B

>Do you think PMDG will release the queen on a weekday thus>minimising the likelyhood of huge amounts of traffic causing>their website performance to be significantly compromised or>possibly crash?>>Haha, if I recall correctly the NG was released very late at>night, so all the hardcores pulled an all-nighter to get it.>:-lol The rest of us got it the morning after. So I suppose>that's one way of distributing the "load".It was 11am for me... :-lol Ahhhh I love timezones sometimes :(

The concept is still quite applicable. Regardless of the medium, it still refers to the completion of the product and it's impending availability to the public.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Well... alrighty then.Pretty big asumption that the folks here only display kindness to a select few instead of everyone.Can't you instead assume they treat everyone with the same level of respect. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone doesn't as well.Sometimes acts of kindness aren't just random... :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

I didnt mean to offend at all. Sorry if it came across that way. It just seemed like everyone was going over the top a bit.RegardsRoss

The site will be set up to allow for only one download at a time :-). So it might pay to wait a few more months for the cd :+

Hey no problem Ross, I'm not for creature worship either ;D. We don't know everyone here, some might be youg adults who just are too excited for the coming 744, others might be old timers who have waited a forever for a sim such as this and cannot hold back their praise lol. Anyways, it's better to read that type of post than some bitter trolls starting wild fires (Not you or anyone of late but you know the type). Thanks for coming back civil.. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Debosonic

Yes a forums of this type always includes people with the mental character of 13 year olds, it is unavoidable to see imature posts like that.We have to live with it, unfortunately.Don't take any notice, PMDG.

Guest Debosonic

Hey guys, guys relax a bit...We are all excited.I too check the website once or twice a day.It will come. And it will be great.There are lots of other sims in the meantime. Check em out.I just received a shooting tank sim (T72) and I am also still being a U Boat Commeander with Silent Hunter 3. Alterantively there are quite a few fine add-ons for FS. Don't fixate on the 744. When it comes, yes, it will be the greates, but till then, there other things to...sim.Hey you can even try real world activities, like going to the supermarket with your significant other...