Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZOTAN

Need an exciting route

Guest ZOTAN

I have been doing most of my flying in the south-western United States, and I want to do some routes in different parts, or completely out of the US. Do you guys have any suggestions for exting routes? Anywhere would be find. A place with lots of weather would be even better!Thanks,Matt

Guest Robin.B

Recently, on other forums I regularly visit, the Hamburg-Cologne (Within Germany) and Berlin (Germany)-Klagenfurt (Austria) routes have been declared exciting, and indeed they are, with the interesting approaches and beautiful scenery :)If you want the ICAO codes you can ask, but just woke up so expect them in an hour :-lol

NewDelhi (or Kathmandu) - Paro Simply a great approach.... but go in slow an with everything out... :9 (max 737-700 and don't get there with too much cargo and fuel :D ) Luca

Guest meyomyx

Try Salzburg to Split ..... or maybe Delhi to KathmanduLet m know if you want routes/chart links etc :-)

Guest Knikolaes

This is still int he US, but take an airliner to KEGE. Visit airnav.com and, if tyou are a member of AOPA, check the information there as well.KEGE is, in my opinion, one of the most exciting airliner approaches in North America, and it is right here in Colorado a short drive from where I live. 757's and 737's regularly take tourists in there.No ILS -- steep descents -- mountains -- GPS approach for one runway and a "play chicken with the mountain" approach for the other.This approach is easy, but it is fun and it is a blast to do. And if you have FSGenesis terrain Mesh with Flight1's Ultimate Terrain USA, combined with the WONDERFUL freeware KEGE scenerey available on AVSIM, then this is a bloody SWEET approach.Combine that with live weather from ActiveSky and the textures from Flight Environment and it adds the perfect final touch.So far my favorite AC to fly this approach with are the PMDG 737 series, PMDG B1900 C and D series, LDS 767 and Flight1 ATR.If you like 2-D panel flying, then another good AC to use is the EW BAe 146 add-on from . . erm . . I forgot who made it, but there was recently a good freeware version released on AVSIM as well (even though the cockpit is not yet textured)If you visit the site for KEGE, then you will find flight schedules to a variety of nice places in the US that feed 757's into the airport, but they are just as much fun to fly with any capable airliner for the route in mind.<<>> I think it was here in the PMDG forum that a topic started an extensive detailed conversation on KEGE in which I was involved as well. Do a search in the forum here for KEGE and it should come up as a recent discussion :-) I forgot where it is or I would just link it here.

Guest pierre974

I tried it and I must say that it is definetely an enthralling approach, particularly in bad weather conditions...The real one must be tough:-sword Thanks for the advice.Regards.

Guest Knikolaes

Oh yeah. Bad weather is a blast there. Nothing like being on course and at the altitude constraints and mountain tops are still flying by in the mist of the low visability. Okay let me specify -- in the SIMULATOR it is a blast. In real life I think I'd be scared to death -- but then again that's the part of me that has not very much flight experience at all in real life outside of a small Cessna.

Guest ZOTAN

I will be doing a full motion 737-700 simulator later this year. Im gona have to try that approach!

Guest Knikolaes

Matt -- sweet -- you DEFINATELY have to let us know here how it goes :-) Which sim are you doing?