Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PMDG B737-800 - No Comm?

Guest franksalot

When programming the FMC in my recently aquired PMDG B737-800/900 Series, I get the words = DATALINK underneath which is the criptic slogan 'NO COMM' see .jpg attached. I didn't notice this on the PMDG B737-600/900 Series. Can anyone tell me what this refers to, please?I am 'wading' through hundreds of pages of Manuals again (after doing the same with the 600/700's) :) but have not found any reference to 'No Comm' so far.KenSomerset, England

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

If I am not mistaken this has to do with the possibility of uploading routes into the FMC through ACARS or some form of interaction...so that the crew does not have to input the flightplan route manually.I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.Regards,Bjorn

Guest franksalot

Hello Bjorn,Thanks for your reply. I have not used ACARS as yet; the problem was there as soon as I installed the B737-800/900. A few moments ago I was looking at the FMC Manual, I could not find any reference to the 'No Comm' situation.KenSomerset, England

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

It's not simulated though, that's why you don't find any reference. The only ACARS function simulated in the FMC is the off block/ on block times...but no uplinks etc.Regards,Bjorn