Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariner75

Question For Beta Testers

Guest mariner75

Dear Beta Testers, I know that a lot of you are posting pictures of the PMDG 747 in this forum. Could some of you that are posting pictures list your spec of your computer and what your scenery settings are at and also if you have any other FS addons on your computer, like FS Roads, Ultimate Traffic, etc. I would like to no this because looking at the pictures it seems that you get many FPs. Thanks.Jared

My specs are in my signature. I'm running Ultimate Terrain USA, Flight Environment 1.2, 38m FSGenesis mesh, and ActiveSky and I'm seeing very very good frames. Far better than the NG, especially in the VC. This VC seriously has no equal (or anything even close) in airliner addons.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I know this will upset the ultra realism guys, but my life doesn't always allow for 744 length flights in real time...So how does the Queen operate using accelerated time? I often use the LDS in 4x for example.Paul

>Hi,>>I know this will upset the ultra realism guys, but my life>doesn't always allow for 744 length flights in real time...>>So how does the Queen operate using accelerated time? I often>use the LDS in 4x for example.>>Paul>It works ok (4X) do not expect perfection while in light speed though ;-) [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Thanks Randy,As long as I can complete a good part of the cruise at 4x I'll be happy....cheers,Paul ( SPIM )

If you want to fly the Queen but don't have time for a long flight, what's stopping you from just flying a shorter route??

Guest neil_b

>If you want to fly the Queen but don't have time for a long>flight, what's stopping you from just flying a shorter>route??Nothing. But a lot of people fly for Virtual Airlines where you must fly the routes specified with the correct equipment.

Hi,Nothing is stopping me, but I like to re-create real flights I have taken... I have never taken a 744 flight of less then 7 hours. I have taken lots in the 11 to 13 hours range.If, in the real world we could speed up that 12 hour boring bit in the middle, I am sure most people would. You know how it is, you look at the video screen and it says "Time from destination 1:50; Time to Destination 10:20" and you think..." shoot, I wish I could swap those numbers around".I also don't understand the difference in reality from me putting the sim in 4x and those people who start a flight then go away from the computer ( to sleep, work or whatever ) with pause at TOC which is totally unrealistic as well. At least at 4x I am monitoring the systems.Paul

Beacause most VA's don't allow it and plus if you only do 4 hours for a 10 hour flight then you can only log those 4 hours(how it works in my VA's anyway), so you get more hour's basically doing it the going to sleep way or going to play golf way ;).