Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

Full documentation and planning documents hlp pls

Guest markyp

Hi all,I am wanting to fly as real as possible, including doing all the stuff they do in the real world, for the flight planning, loading the a/c etc, as at the moment i just put a rough amount in and go.Also the fmc I do not really know what value's to put in, in like cost index etc etc.Is there someone that can tell me where i need to go to find the documentation on this, so all the docs from start to finish, on route weather, takeoff weights etc then getting in the a/c??Thanks in advanceMarkyP

Hi,I do the same like you do. But it's gona cost you some money. :( Atleast that's wat I did. For example, the postflight after shutdown is entering the data into the logbook which you can order at Jeppesen. About cost Index...it deppends on the airline. But 70-90 will do it. I also have plotting charts, airport charts and much more and all of Jeppesen. Now you are getting closer to the real world operations of paper work.

Are you referring to the upcoming 747?If you want to see how they prepare a typical flight of a 747 I strongly suggest you buy yourself the ITVV DVD with the Virgin Atlantic 744 flight from Heathrow to San Francisco. Practically everything is covered including elaborate runway takeoff calculations. But I am afraid you won't be able to repeat everything they did for the simple fact that most data they use is company-provided custom data. For example they have special performance charts for the 744 for *every* single runway in the world they fly from/into. So in this case since they departed out of Heathrow's 27R they pull a chart for this particular runway and 744 and tell you what they had to do. No two runways are the same since sloping, length or obstacle clearance is unique. But at least you might be able to understand what they do and repeat some of it in a much more generic fashion. If you just manage to grasp basic concepts how they arrive at derate takeoff values then this in itself will be a significant acomplishment for you. Takeoff calculations are definitely the hardest thing to do. You may for example consult some internet sources for explanation of some key concepts here like balanced field.The weather briefing/preflight is also covered in this DVD and it is equally elaborate.Cost index is a minor item comparing to everything else they have to do. But there is a basic tip on cost index - if you don't know where to start a good thing to do is to adjust cost index so it will result in cruise speed close to LRC (Long Range Cruise). If you know how to operate FMC it will be obvious how to do it. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

Definatley no need for Jep unless you just want to spend the money. I guess I need to get that DVD; Ive heard a lot about it just havent bit the bullet and ordered it.