Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Do you like Norsemen aircraft? Do you like aviation pio

Guest Lizardo

Lately I have been in conversation with the granddaughter of Robert Noorduyn, the fellow who designed and built the Norsemen. A very nice lady with a web site. She wrote to me: "To be honest with you, my initial interest in this project was to preserve the memories of my grandfather and as a vehicle to help him meet enthusiasts of his father's plane on the internet. My grandmother has been ill for several years and I think it's been a great thing for him to concentrate on instead of worrying about her health. I'm just now getting the "norseman bug" from it all...Also, as far as I know, there is no financial gain in it for me, but I do love hearing from people all over the world and I did get my website listed in a British aircraft magazine once." Now, this fellow ranks with the Wright brothers...I think we ALL owe him a note. She didn't know that MS FS even existed. What say ye?www.noorduynnorseman.barrysworld.net

Guest Lizardo

Outstanding, as always Brian! For those of you unfamiliar with Norsemen..Robert Noorduyn desgined and built them, they just about MADE Canada, played a great part in WWII, Glenn Miller was killed in one...and most are still flying. (the company now makes aircraft interiors). Go visit the website and say "thanks".

NOTE: The "Glen Miller getting killed in one" was NOT in the sales brochure!!!! LOL!! Folks, check this site out Liz put here. It's really great. This was/is a fantastic bird and overlooked by many. Brians plane is about to cure us of a lacking airplane!Don

Guest Lizardo

Be hard to duplicate Glenn anyway, the RAF doesn't download bombs near shore anymore, haha. (which brings up the stupid question: why didn't they land with them and save for next time?)

Way cool Don. When are you going to post to your site?Keep em flying...

I just uploaded it to AVSIM. Should be soon! These guys work fast!!!! No 2 day waits!Don