Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

PMDG 737 600/700 FMC error message Arrival airport

Guest Stanner1953

In creating a flight plan for Gatwick to Glasgow (EGPF), I got the following error message when I went to the Arr/Dep FMC page and clicked on the Arrival airport (EGPF) option. "EGPF err: xeus unknown"It also indicates that there are no STARS available.From the PMDG website, I loaded the lastes Nav data. Also from the PMDG website, I downloaded the SIDS STARS file for the Glasgow airport. These downloads were placed in the FS9 main folder in the PMDG Sids/Stars folder. I am totally confused as to why I am having this problem with the Glasgow airport.I have previously downloaded Sids/Stars from the PMDG site and they appeared on my FMCAny help would be appreciated.Thank you.Stannerwrpcpa@msn.com

HelloIt would appear that xeus is a typing error for xexus???However I thought that the DAFIF data used by Sids/Stars downloaded from the PMDG site didnt include any sids for EGPF, only stars and therefore wouldnt have included xexus anyway.For a full set of sidstars for EGPF, visit http://www.navdata.at/ and download my file for EGPF. I only upload there when there are any changes to a file, therefore an older date does not mean they are out of date. Alternatively if you email me I could add you to my mailing list for updates to UK sidstars.Simon

Guest Stanner1953

Simon,I did download your file from the www.navdata.at site. This is navdata site islisted in the pMDG web site, and I download your file from there. I got the xexus error message for the STARs for Glasgow EGPF. What does xexus mean?Any ideas?Stanner

I just downloaded the file from Navdata and installed it without any errors.XEXUS is an intersection about 5nm from EGPF.Simon

Guest Stanner1953

Simon,Thank you for your help. I received your e-mail with the Sid/Star files for PMDG.I replied to you via e-mail, that I installed your files, and still get the Xexus error message.I checked in the Fs9 airport folder and EGPF Glasgow airport is in there. I also double checked the PMDG Sid Star folder and your EGPFfile is there.However, in my FMC route page when I enter EGPF as the destination airport, I get an error message "exexus unknown". In the FMC arrival page, EGPF does not appear and no stars avaialble appears in the 1L button of my FMC.I am totally confused as to why EGPF is not recognized. I have downloaded other of your files and always had Sid Star data on my FMC.Is this a PMDG problem with the Glasgow EGPF airport?Thanks.Stanner

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Stanner,As Glasgow is my home airport in both FS and real life I can tell you that the PMDG NG has no specific problem with GLA (no more than it has with every other airport... but that's a magnetic variation thing). One suggestion I have is that you make sure that your AIRAC data is upto date. The XEXUS waypoint was added several months ago to take the place of the now de-commisioned GLG NDB. If your AIRAC data is out of date the XEXUS waypoint may not be listed in the data files that the FMC reads from and so will spit out an error.The whole airport will be defunct in the FMC if any errors are found which is why you're not getting and STARS listed.Hope it helps,David