Sign in to follow this  
Guest X-ray

Lower EICAS not popping up in O/U mode

Guest X-ray

Hi,I'm using the 738 in 2d panel mode.I have activated both the over/under mode and the PFD/ND panel setup. I triple checked this.However, when I right click the upper eicas nothing appears. No lower eicas at all. No matter where I click in the upper eicas window. Left clicking gives me the usual zoomed upper eicas window.What am I doing wrong? :-hmmm Thanks for your support,Bart

Guest Erups

The two buttons above the eicas DO NOT show "INOP" do they?If they show ENG and something else, then i can't help :(If they indeed show INOP then the configuration is not right and the seconday eicas is not active.

Guest X-ray

They do not show INOP, they show ENG and SYS. :-shyHowever thanks for your help Claudio.Until now I could easily fix all issues I encountered by myself (not that there were so many), but I can't understand this one. Everything is configured as it should and it is still not working.FYI, I never used the lower EICAS before, I discovered it by reading the manual again. So I can't say if it worked in the past. I can only say that it's not working now although everything is correctly configured. :-shyMaybe I missed something???Thanks for your help,Bart

Bart,in your FS "top" menu, go to views/instrument panel and see if you can select the lower EICAS from there. IF so, then try clicking on it to remove it then try to right click on the upper EICAS to display it again. If all else fails, reinstall and try again.I can't tell you how many times I have had to reinstall the NG, along with LD767 due to some issues with FS. But if you are one of these people (like me) that just keeps adding to FS, sometimes it spits the dummy.

Guest X-ray

Yes, I'm one of those people and that was exactly the reason. :-) After hours of searching I figured it out. An add-on had modified the lower EICAS section of the panel.cfg, causing it to no longer popup when requested.I fixed the panel.cfg and now it's working excellent. I should have known this, my apologies to this forum for unnecessarily disturbing it. :-shy However thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. ;-) Thanks,Bart