Sign in to follow this  
Guest McGraw

Getting hold of a boxed version after buying the download version

Guest McGraw

It goes without saying that I cannot wait for the boxed version of this aircraft to come out.However, I would like the box/CD/Manual for various reasons.Will there be any way to pay a small fee to get hold of a boxed version?Failing that, can I get a printed manual?Thanks.

Unlikely, i don't print any of the 400 pages anyway i just skim it straight from the PC.The best way to learn to fly add on aircraft anyway is by doing tutorials, so i wait to print them off. btw is the 744 coming out with some tutorials?

Guest McGraw

Well I like to have the manuals and I don't have a printer. Even if I did, I wouldn't print a 400 page manual out.I like to have the reading material to hand so I don't have to keep flicking from FS to PDF. I also like to be able read the manuals when not sat at my pc.I would like the CD as it feels like you actually own something.

Hi Jon!You can always take the pdf to prontaprint!They will print it off for you and bind it into a lovely package!It will cost around

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

>btw is the 744 coming out with some tutorials?Somewhere on this forum it has been said that Robert R. is writing a 50 page tutorial.Michael J.

>Will there be any way to pay a small fee to get hold of a>boxed version?Boxed version will no doubt be coming but as always it will be long weeks/months after the original release.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest AJ

>It goes without saying that I cannot wait for the boxed>version of this aircraft to come out.>>However, I would like the box/CD/Manual for various reasons.>>Will there be any way to pay a small fee to get hold of a>boxed version?>>Failing that, can I get a printed manual?>>Thanks.I would not hold my breath on getting a discount on the boxed version. There was nothing like that for the NG. The boxed versions of both the 600/700 and the 800/900 were put out independently of the original download release by PMDG. They were not compatible with each other, and since the boxed versiosn were produced by a publisher and not PMDG, there is not much incentive for anyone to give you a discount. Anyway, if you want a physical copy, just burn the file onto a CDR (for your personal use only of course). That has always worked in the past.Andrew