Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

Heading and Pressure settings

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Just two I think simple questions which occurred to me last night:-1. I'm lined up on the r/w, everything's ready and I press the HDG button to arm HDG mode for when I switch on the a/p at about 1000 ft. Shouldn't I get some sort of visual indication that the HDG is armed ? The light only lights up when I hit the a/p button.2. I thought there was a way of switching the pressure setting from inches to Hp - mine will only show inches - is this not modelled only I thought it was ? (I have the 800/900 upgrade CD version).

Guest Ray CYYZ

See where it says BARO? IN vs HPA?The hot spot is above the dial to toggle.Ray

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ray,I guess that sound fairly obvious, but I tried that and it didn't work. Do you have to click anywhere special - is it literally above the toggle as I thought I'd tried clicking all around the outer dial but I'll try it again.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Literally above the dial to toggle the outer ring.Ray

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ray,I'll give it a try maybe tonight thanks

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Just two I think simple questions which occurred to me last>night:->>1. I'm lined up on the r/w, everything's ready and I press>the HDG button to arm HDG mode for when I switch on the a/p at>about 1000 ft. Shouldn't I get some sort of visual indication>that the HDG is armed ? The light only lights up when I hit>the a/p button.Since your second question was already answered, I'll try and answer your first.HDG mode will not illuminate until you activate the A/P "CMD" button. That is, the HDG mode and light will be active until the A/P is turned on. However, when you press the HDG button, the HDG "bug" will align to the current aircraft heading.Hope this helps...

Guest Ray CYYZ

Yea, never got around to that part ;)HDG is the Default *unless* you pick something *else* so it doesn't have a prep light such as LNAV ... if you are NOT in one of the other fancy modes, you are HDG SEL so there is no confirmation light as such.Ray

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ray,Are you saying that even if you don't push the HDG button that the plane still defaults to HDG mode then ?

Guest Erups

>Yea, never got around to that part ;)>>HDG is the Default *unless* you pick something *else* so it>doesn't have a prep light such as LNAV ... if you are NOT in>one of the other fancy modes, you are HDG SEL so there is no>confirmation light as such.That's not correct: the plane is not defaulted to HDG.Anyway the only real way to understand what is happening, mode-wise, on the plane is to look at the FMA in the upper part of the PFD.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Don't recall anything on the PFD to show that HDG has been selected. Seems a bit odd that you can select something and not get a reminder some where - seems alien to the way aircraft systems work from a safety point of view.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ray,found the spot thanks - I actually have to click on the word 'Baro'

Guest Erups

>Don't recall anything on the PFD to show that HDG has been>selected.In the upper part of the PFD there is a dark gray area divided in three.It's the Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA).First area shows throttle mode, second shows laterlal mode, third shows vertical mode.And BTW the HDG button should light up.The one that does not light up when engaged is the APP button.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Nope !The HDG button only lights up when I hit the a/p button, until then it shows nothing and neither does the FMA. The FMA only shows LNAV when I select it - it doesn't show HDG mode.