Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Queen of the Skies Manuals Available...and some news....

Thank you! Downloaded the manuals and printed the checklists and charts. Can't wait for the release! This news is a great birthday present, if it was released on the weekend it would be an even better present but I am sure it will be soon and I can wait

Guest Robin.B

>>More like this weekend for the looks of it.>>>Id be really suprised to see it this weekend, all though that>would be awesome. Im thinking more along the line of next>week. I thought I read them say they usually announce its>release 5 days ahead or something. I could be very wrong,>lord knows my wife tells me I am enough.PMDG announces the release date when it's released :-lol but I also think it won't be this weekend as the liveries will probably come over the weekend.

Guest hlm65

Dear Capt.Randazzo,the just released manual is really astonishing!It seems that the upcoming 747-400 will be "as real as it gets" at the highest level. Being an aeronautical engineer and having the chance of access to airline AOMs, I noted with extreme pleasure that the simulated 747 is (almost) identical to the real one, down to the last nut ! Procedures (normal and abnormal) are exactly the same as the real ones, and this is very interesting.Many compliments and I hope to purchase very soon this beautiful add-on.

>Hi all,>>I downloaded the manual and was almost ready to print it when>I read one of the small txt files that came on the zip with>it.>>it reads:>____>PLEASE NOTE (27JUL05):>============>This document is provided "as is" for the evaluation of PMDG>customers>and is not supported and does not qualify for support by>PMDG.>>This document may not be up to date with the most current>version of>the associated software and may only be used for personal>entertainment>and evaluation of the potential functionality of the>software.>___>>Am I to assume that the one coming with the final released>version (besides being broken into pieces) will be different>from this one? If so, I will rather wait before commiting to>print this one.>>cheers -- Samhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Dar...humbsupblag.gifYep, you'd be better off waiting for a few weeks, and seeing if there are any major revisions or corrections :)

Guest howard500

Gents, I have to say that this looks like the most astonishing FS product this wonderfull virtual world has seen ever!!! The standard it is going to set is going to be phenomenal for the others!!! I am really amazed. What will be seeing in 5 or 10 years???Anyhow, the manual is astonishing!!!! I took it to be printied and binded properly in a shop and all I got was drty looks from the chick that had the wonderfull job of binding 385 pages!!! He he..By the way what did Boeing (ie The Boeing Company) really say about this beauty, they must have been somehow suprised???Well I take my hat off to you PMDG guys!!! Brilliant!!! Thank you!Regards from Madrid,AlonsoPS: Tell the bloody "FOLLOW ME" chap to step on it!!!! :)

Guest miked1

Well it looks like the Queen is going to be three times the size (physical size)of the B737NG lets hope its not twice the price. Any signs of a price for this monster so I can get an updated credit limit on my card.BTW I think it is a brilliant idea to release the liveries for download before the main file is uploaded onto the server as it will elleviate strain on release day and test the servers capacity in the meantime.Looking forward to the release and thanks to the whole team for the short beta time (16th June I think it went to beta)MikeEGGP

Guest McFly

Thank you Captain Bob.Terry

Guest samrec

You can expect them to rack somewhere between 70.00-90.00 adding both the 744 and the 744F models.I do remember they saying that the 747 was a complex plane and model and that it will be priced accordingly.cheers

Guest Babubhai

Ok guys you can release it now!

Guest FrontierF9

I love this 747. How much will it cost approx.?

Guest aarskringspier

>I love this 747. How much will it cost approx.?Nobody knows, noone knows or has an idea except PMDG. Youll know when the purchase now icon is available on their website.

Guest bigun

Who cares how much it will cost. The PMDG products have always been worth at least twice the asking price since the old FLY! days.

Guest aarskringspier

>Who cares how much it will cost. The PMDG products have>always been worth at least twice the asking price since the>old FLY! days. I care, what they are worth and what I can afford are two different things. Im not faulting PMDG if it is something outside of my limitations at all. But I do care.

Guest Darren Howie

G'day RobertWell done on getting a lot of information into only 385 pages.Given that my A320 manual suite is broken down as followsSystems 1181 PagesFMGC 481FCOM 890Perf 308Total of 2860Now that is for a twin jet not flying half way around the world with a far simpler fuel system(although far more sophisticated failure warning system).I havnt included other stuff like QRH etc so to get a 744 manual down to only 385 pages is a pretty big editorial effort.Well done and i look forward to seeing the best FS aircraft ever bar none!!Well done so far.Darren Howie