Sign in to follow this  
michal

tip on printing the manual

I just printed it on laser printer - not only double sided but squeezing two pages per sheet - so the whole thing is very compact (90 sheets) and the manual is very sharp throughout - have no trouble reading it. I may later print only some more important pages in full size. Printed in B&W - I think color would be unnecessary luxury. Oh, when you do that make sure you flip the printout around so you can easily read the pages in the landscape mode - very convenient. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest RAR_Fan

Michael,Of course your method might make revisions a little more challenging!Cheers!Gerry

Gerry,I am trees loving guy :-lolPlus I don't think we will have issues with revisions as would be the case with a real line manual.Michael J.

Guest RAR_Fan

Michael,LOL! I've already seen some posts about typo's, and one from Rob about the FMC Winds page, that's is modeled!I think they let us get our hands on it, as this forum has been getting as out-of-hand as a class of kindergardeners! (remember Kindergarden Cop?) :-lol Gerry(and he's a governor to boot!)

Gerry,You are not going to see me printing pages just to fix typos. I may use good ol pencil to do that. Remember - I want to have those trees around Ridge Tahoe ;)Adding pages - no problema.Are you Aviation Week &ST reader? Excellent article on VLJ (Very Light Jets) and how they can fit into the airspace/airline business. Also the last issue features very good pilot's review of flying the prototype of Eclipse 500.Michael J.

Guest RAR_Fan

Michael,Sorry, just (trying to) being humorus as the .pdf file is still awaiting it's first backup on their servers!I had to cancel my mag supscripts, cause with the lack of FBO's around here, it would just depress me too much!And we could use the forest service to clear out the dead-wood trees anyway, so a couple of extra pages shouldn't bother the environmentalists! (I like trees too!)Cheers!Gerry

You don't need to spend $50 for software to print double sided with your home printer. Any printer will do that without 3rd party software. As for reducing it to booklet size, I'm not sure I would want to that. It would think it would make for awful hard reading with all the diagrams involved. I suspect the photo's wouldn't be to clear, reduced in size. I think I would rather spend the same amount of money to have it printed out commercially in B/W and use my home printer to print out those pages in color I needed, or just spend $40 for a new color cartr. and just print it myself in full size pages. paper itself is pretty cheap. Come to think of it, I think MS Works, which comes with a lot of home computers, will print booklets. Fitz