Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariner75

Cost Index

Guest mariner75

Since the PMDG 747 will have the cost index feature working in the FMC, can someone given me and estimate on a 747 operation cost. The fuel cost would vary on location and I would be able to find the price. but can someone tell me an estimated 747-400 operation cost. I will be using this for the Virgin Atlantic airplane. Thanks. Jared

Honeywell/Boeing have better idea. If you don't know where to start with the cost index - adjust it so the computed cruise speed will be very close to the LRC (Long Range Cruise). Once you know how to operate the FMC you will see how to do it.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest mariner75

I am very familar with the PMDG FMC from the 737 but I know the Queen will be different. But in the manual the cost index formula is Aircraft Operating Cost / Cost of Fuel.

Guest Andrej

Hello,I am not sure, which airline (either BA or LH) use 80 for thier CI. However, if one wants to fly at certain speeds why not manually select the desired speed in VNAV page? ;-)Cheers,Andrej

>I am very familar with the PMDG FMC from the 737 but I know>the Queen will be different.The principles are the same. What I said about the Honeywell/Boing tip above applies to all of them. Michael J.

Guest Erups

>Since the PMDG 747 will have the cost index feature workingI thought the 737 CI was working too...Am i right?

CI didn't work in the 600/700 but it does work indeed in the 800/900 :) Luca